How much $$$ is acceptable for this hobby?

coltboostin

Honest question; do you know what a CTS-V is?

The real question, JP, is whether you meet the standard to own a CTS-V. Although Cadillac doesn't state it in the official literature, I think you have to meet at least one of the following criteria:

1) have already retired, or at least don't work full-time

2) vacation in Florida multiple times each year

3) owned an F-body more than a decade ago

At least, every CTS-V owner I've met hits at least one of those. :p

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see above. wisconsin is very good in terms of giving equal custody. i was very concerned how i was going to be productive and earn the same living, have a worthwhile practice, with being a good father, and legitimately doing 50% custody. it is HARD fucking work when i have the kids and have to work a full time job. i just buckle down, man-up, and prepare my ass off.

that's why i justify buying stupid shit i don't really need.

Thought you might LOL at this:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj84/crms3er/158662213.JhJ8NhGR.ee_zpspiaekpt9.jpg

• Upvote 1

I don't have a problem spending that much on a car though. Sure I'd love to not have a car payment but I wouldn't love what I would be driving.

Is it good or bad that my car payment for 2 cars is within a hundred dollars of my mortgage payment?

Unless I was guaranteed to make money I could not live with myself if my car payment=my mortgage, unless I still lived in a shack in Cleveland. I would just feel like I was throwing money away even in the long run it that was not necessarily the case

The real question, JP, is whether you meet the standard to own a CTS-V. Although Cadillac doesn't state it in the official literature, I think you have to meet at least one of the following criteria:

At least, every CTS-V owner I've met hits at least one of those. :p

I fit #2

#3 ish if you consider my Rx-7 is 100% F body powered? :)

At least, every CTS-V owner I've met hits at least one of those. [emoji14]

Wrong. I might be retired from the military, but I still work 40 or more hours a week. I've never lived in Florida, and have only vacationed there 3 times in my life. And I've bever owned an f-body.

Wrong. I might be retired from the military, but I still work 40 or more hours a week. I've never lived in Florida, and have only vacationed there 3 times in my life. And I've bever owned an f-body.

You retired and then went back to work. I think that still puts you in the demographic. I don't consider any of those three criteria to be bad things, BTW. Do you?

Hmmmm, after figuring out the financial aspect, maybe I should start a new thread: "Am I old enough for a Vette? " I owned a V and fit the "owned an FBody" criteria. I am ready to pick my next toy...

Who cares? Vette is my next car purchase. I've owned an f-body. :D

Congrats... for your 2nd child!

Buy a Viper.

Thanks!

And, thanks! :p

Here is where I am at-

If a Gen 2 V pops up for under 25k clean, and not salvaged

or

A gen 3 Viper for under 30k clean, and not salvaged

I'm probably stroking a check that day without hesitation. I cant lose on the deal, so it makes the decision easy. The Viper Market spiked as of late, so Viper time may not happen until fall.winter. I jsut wont pay market for, well, anything!! Maybe I am part Jew? :lolguy:

Thanks!

And, thanks! :p

Here is where I am at-

If a Gen 2 V pops up for under 25k clean, and not salvaged

or

A gen 3 Viper for under 30k clean, and not salvaged

I'm probably stroking a check that day without hesitation. I cant lose on the deal, so it makes the decision easy. The Viper Market spiked as of late, so Viper time may not happen until fall.winter. I jsut wont pay market for, well, anything!! Maybe I am part Jew? :lolguy:

Get on the Viper Facebook page, a few in those categories popped up a while back. Then again, for everyone one that's reasonable....10X that owners are asking STUPID prices for them... :lolguy: