Roofer? John Ross retired...

zeitgeist57

I wanted to thank Akula here on the board for mentioning John Ross Roofing a few years back. They've been great over a few jobs I've needed. SOUNDS LIKE HE AND HIS WIFE RETIRED! How dare they... ;)

His son-in-law, Dave Clear(???) of Clear(?) Construction called me after I spoke to Mrs. Ross...anyone have experience with this guy?

Anyone else have a good referral for roofing repair? After putting a whole new roof on one of my rentals last summer, I want to stretch out my main home's shingles a few more years but I have a rotten soffit spot. Any help would be appreciated!

Clay,

Close friend of mine owns his own company - Kemp Roofing, they have been in business for 35+ years.

Greg Sheen is the owner (second generation), and my close friend for the last 12 years. He has done - my roof, my parents roof, my grandparents roof, my neighbors roof, and about 15 other closer networked friends roofs. Not one of them has ever had anything other to say then "he is great".

Pricing is fair, and gives you the buyer options for the job.

Shoot him a call - (614) 848-8440

He should work up a "CR" discount for you.

Yup Kemp Roofing, my friend Greg Sheen does, did 4 at our families house on buckeye lake.

I'd only want to hire Sheen if he physically got on my roof and started slinging shingles! Money well spent to watch that! :)

-Marc

We have a roofing issue too. I actually just called John Ross and they will be out in the morning to take a look. Called Kemp as well and left a message.

I will let Greg know, going to the gym with him shortly!

• 2 weeks later...
FYI I used a referral that a CR guy gave me via text and the dude totally flaked this weekend...no show which isn't a bad thing, but no text either. I guess that's what happens when you use other subs to do your work!:no:

FYI I used a referral that a CR guy gave me via text and the dude totally flaked this weekend...no show which isn't a bad thing, but no text either. I guess that's what happens when you use other subs to do your work!:no:

I vote you post the info so people know not to use them, or use caution when using them. Dont let some one else go through the same crap.

• 4 months later...