overheating lincoln

wnaplay1647545503

2007 lincoln mkx

At idle is started overheating, flushed system, new fluid new thermostat. Did it again and come to find out that the fans weren't kicking on. I put 12 volts directly to them, nothing so I tap on them and they turn on although it seem to be kind of slow building up at first. This is my wife's car and despite my many requests from her to watch for this to happen and wanting her to tap on the fans as this starts to happen to see 1. If the fans are just sticking or 2. They aren't being told to come on she can't remember to do it. My question is should I replace the fans or something that should tell the fans to kick on? As stated the fans do work but aren't being told to turn on or are sticking when told to do so. Any suggestions?

In addition this vehicle seems to run the fans all winter long which I have asked about and was told that some new cars just do this but that doesn't seem right in light of this current issue.

Sounds like the fans running all the damn time wore them out, I've seen it happen before. You likely need new fans and then to figure out why they run all the damn time. A scan tool that will show you what the ECM is seeing for the coolant temp, or any possible DTCs keeping the fans on.