Wordpress Help

wagner

Apparently CC&C.net was infected with malware (Wordpress format). The guy doing the site maintenance said he scanned for updates and viruses/malware and found none.

Of course, when it comes to computers...

http://www.alyssahiba.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

Apparently CC&C.net was infected with malware (Wordpress format). The guy doing the site maintenance said he scanned for updates and viruses/malware and found none.

Of course, when it comes to computers...

http://www.alyssahiba.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

Some issue I'm having and I don't know enough to see how to fix it, if there is an issue. I know just enough about Wordpress to be dangerous and realize I could trash my site pretty quick without adult supervision.

So pissed about this, so much stress, did not need this right now.

Can you explain the problem? Maybe with screenshots?

I will after I get home and really read the e-mail. I just glanced at it on my phone while at work. Something to do with a phishing thing embeded in the site.

I got some note from google about the site having problems, then Bluehost shut my site down. I can't even log into the website to see what the hell is going on, all i can do is get into the bluehost account page.

They said a phishing attack was recently discovered on the site and it was generating pages to get people's info.

I was directed to call their support line, so I'm going to call that to see what these jokers have to say.

This fucking sucks, I had a list of updates to the site I wanted to do and start promoting it more :(

Anybody had to deal with this or know what to do? I know how to publish stuff on Wordpress, but know nothing about stuff like this.

Well after sitting on hold and talking to a pair of potato type support people they created a Malicious code file (jargon below) and told me to have a nice day.

I think I removed all the wells fargo junk, but the rest of this I have no clue what to do with. They told me to call them back after I had it cleared out.

Anybody have guidance on what I need to remove or do next?

The Content listed below may not be a complete list of malicious content on your account.

You are ultimately responsible for all of your

content.

This is just what we have found that appears to be malicious.

These files appear to contain malicious code. You will want to review

the files and remove the injected code from important files and/or remove unused or invalid files.

DONE

/home2/pavemen7/public_html/empty/wellsfargo.update/serverbusy.html

/home2/pavemen7/public_html/empty/wellsfargo.update/processing.html

/home2/pavemen7/public_html/empty/wellsfargo.update/sessions_files/clickbinder.txt

/home2/pavemen7/public_html/empty/wellsfargo.update/sessions_files/clickbinder.do

/home2/pavemen7/public_html/wp-includes/css/wp-config.php

DONE

These files appear to contain malicious code. You will want to review the files and remove the injected code from important files

and/or remove unused or invalid files.

/home2/pavemen7/public_html/wp-content/themes/twentyfifteen/genericons/Genericons.svg : line 236

/home2/pavemen7/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/_inc/genericons/genericons/Genericons.svg : line 236

/home2/pavemen7/public_html/wp-

content/plugins/gravityforms/includes/api.php : line 409

/home2/pavemen7/public_html/empty/wellsfargo.update/sessions_files/affiliate_client.js : line 3

/home2/pavemen7/public_html/empty/wellsfargo.update/secure.php : line 18

Total number of files scanned: 5213

Number of files in need of

review: 5

Script took: 0 Min 5 Sec

These results are likely valid files that have had code added to them so they should be cleaned rather

than removed:

/home2/pavemen7/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/shortcodes/instagram.php : line 15

/home2/pavemen7/public_html/empty/wellsfargo.update/sessions_files/layer : line 761

/home2/pavemen7/public_html/empty/wellsfargo.update/sessions_files/serve : line 24

/home2/pavemen7/public_html/wp-admin/css/themes.css :

line 710

/home2/pavemen7/public_html/wp-admin/css/themes-rtl.css : line 710

Do you have server logging enabled?

Not that I know of. I used the standard Wordpress setup that Bluehost recommended, then someone setup the e-commerce end of things for me.

Outside of that the only thing I have ever done is upload content to the site.

Can i make a really simple yet painful suggestion- back up all your blog posts in reinstall everything in this with a clear database

A new installation is the easiest solution to this.

If I have to, I will, but will all of the e-commerce stuff go away, the theme, ect?

I could care less about the posts, I did not have a ton on there, I just don't want to have issues with the stuff I paid someone to do that I don't know how to do.

This has been a very scary and eye opening experience for me.