04 STI Tuning

Grudes

Hey what's up everyone. In the next couple of weeks im going to be doing some mods to my 04 STi. Turbo, injectors, fuel, and some other little stuff. When I get it done Cordell is going to help me do a tune to get it running and at least make it driveable. I need some help fine tuning it though and I was wondering who is good at tuning Subaru's with a Cobb Access Port. Thanks

Why do you want to tune through Accessport?

I got rid of AP and had the car tuned to what was done to it, for how I wanted it. Slow Motion gave me great service and did great work.

Slow Motion. Ask for Andrew

687 Kintner Pkwy, Sunbury, OH 43074

(740) 965-1728

He already has the access port, and thought someone more familiar with it then me could tune it. Wasn't sure if there was anybody around familiar with Subarus.

If you want to start a project thread talking about the whole car you can put it in "project management" but just for questions like this I moved it where it goes.

People posting CTD, are doing it as a joke. Eric was tuning for them, and may still be, for whatever status the company is in. Eric is a good tuner with a bad company, IMO. The software needed to custom tune the AP will cost a company $10K. Doing an open source tune yielded better results with my bolt on car. Mine came with an AP also. I sold it and that covered the cost of the open source tune.

AP provides a good flash tune. But, OS tuning can give you better detail, without the shop having to fork out 10G's.

What are your plans with the car? If you are going to stay bolt ons with some fuel, look into getting a boost control solenoid. They are $120 and can allow you to run 3 on the fly maps off the iDrive. I have mine set for Eco, stock, and have fun.

• Upvote 1

Yea im going to stay with Bolt ons for now. It already has a Divorced waste gate catless downpipe with a 3" Tanabe Medallion Cat Back, ARP headstuds, and some other non-engine performance related stuff. I was going to get either the COBB or GrimmSpeed boost solenoid. Should I upgrade the BOV or is the stock one ok.

PM sent.

Brian Koepf(Kep) is the only guy I trust with Subarus

Stop by his shop and he will steer you to right direction

tuning wise Eric S tunes most of their cars if not, he uses Franz Diebold for purpose built cars

For a bolt on car, I can't find and performance benefit to an aftermarket BOV. Both the COBB or the GS EBS will do the car good. I'm in Westerville often. If you want to see the setup and talk more detail.

+1 on leave the stock Bypass valve at your mod level

For a bolt on car, I can't find any performance benefit to an aftermarket BOV. Both the COBB or the GS EBS will do the car good. I'm in Westerville often, if you want to see the setup and talk more detail.

Yea id like to do that. Ill send you a PM with my #. Weather permitting Ill probably go to QS&L on friday. We can meet up anytime though

For a bolt on car, I can't find any performance benefit to an aftermarket BOV. Both the COBB or the GS EBS will do the car good. I'm in Westerville often, if you want to see the setup and talk more detail.

He works in the bay next to me if you ever feel like stopping at Lash.