04 STI Tuning

Grudes

CTD is no longer tuning, believe there are new things coming from Eric S in the very near future :)

Turn In does great work, have a friend picking up his 2015 STI from them on Saturday after doing a new fuel system, some exhaust work and setting it up for E85 seems like they have done an excellent job. AND they communicate!

Slowmo certainly has the rep and the history to do some great work for you.

Anything up to "stage 2" stuff the AP does a decent enough job, the problem you will run into is when you go beyond that or start making something more mix and match. Our Sportwagon we are finishing off this weekend is running a AP with their Stage 3 tune, will let you know how that goes ;)

Open source is definitely the way to go, the only downside to it is when you change/upgrade you have to go back in for another tune and lay out some more money. Versus with the AP route you can just reflash with your new stuff and be ready to rock and roll.

I'll toss up a Build thread for it so I can post some pictures

99StockGT

If you stick to the cookie cutter builds you can just reflash but typically at that point you are going to need a custom tune update. The cost of a open source update vs a ap update should be the same at least it was back when i was tuning. Having an AP is nice for switching back and forth between tunes / boost levels or even fuel types.

As for Scott helping.

Make sure you pull timing from the base map. (4 degrees + post 1.8 load)

0% all WGDC

set target fuel post 1.8 to 10.5

BABY THE CAR TO THE TUNER because the maf won't be scaled and its going to be way off.

OK thanks for the info Thorne. I remeber you used to tune around here. I never had any work done by you but I heard good things. I was defintley going to baby it until the tune is right. I dont want to blow my motor.

99StockGT

If you stick to the cookie cutter builds you can just reflash but typically at that point you are going to need a custom tune update. The cost of a open source update vs a ap update should be the same at least it was back when i was tuning. Having an AP is nice for switching back and forth between tunes / boost levels or even fuel types.

As for Scott helping.

Make sure you pull timing from the base map. (4 degrees + post 1.8 load)

0% all WGDC

set target fuel post 1.8 to 10.5

BABY THE CAR TO THE TUNER because the maf won't be scaled and its going to be way off.

Planning on a wideband, and getting the Maf close even though that's more time consuming then a dyno. What kind of timing do these like on the conservative side?

Can anyone say, with any certainty, who locally has the ablility and know how to pro tune a Cobb Accessport?

I know IPS has/had it. But then didn't have a tuner who knew it after some people moved around. I'm sure CTD flipped the bill and bought the software. But, what's their status?

In the end, if you're not doing your own work and tune, where do you find knowledge and consistancy to work on your car?

Planning on a wideband, and getting the Maf close even though that's more time consuming then a dyno. What kind of timing do these like on the conservative side?

What size Turbo and what Intake I'll look in my old library and see If I got a scallar for you.

Id start at 10 peak tq and work my way up.

Just be careful of the DA make sure its set to 1.0 for all tuning sessions or else the car will be learning more timing as you go.

As for the intake use the short cut from the cobb work sheet. Its just dividing the mm's and multiplying the offset. It will get you pretty darn close.

Can anyone say, with any certainty, who locally has the ablility and know how to pro tune a Cobb Accessport?

I know IPS has/had it. But then didn't have a tuner who knew it after some people moved around. I'm sure CTD flipped the bill and bought the software. But, what's their status?

In the end, if you're not doing your own work and tune, where do you find knowledge and consistancy to work on your car?

I know that the Eric's own Cobb Software and so Does IPS. The end user can get Street tuner and use that if he wants.

Did you tune with the AP? I downloaded COBB' free tuning software but I wasnt sure how good it was.

I've Tuned subaru's with

EcuFlash

Ecuedit

RomRaider

AEM

Cobb AP V2-3 (Fuck V1's)

I've used the cobb free software and honestly last time I used it it had support for everything I needed to do the car.

Thanks Thorne. The set-up will be a Tomei 7960, 850cc injectors, divorced waste gate catless down pipe, 3" cat back, Short ram intake, Larger Top Mount, Grimm speed boost solenoid, different up pipe (not sure what brand). Thats everything I can think of related to the tune

Should scoot along nicely with that setup :) What are your goals with the car? Eric H tuned our Forester through CTD when they were still paying their light bills and it turned out wonderfully other than a bit of miss communication.

Doing anything beyond just the basic bolt on path I would certainly go with someone tuning it specifically for you, the gains are far better as is the level of certainty all the parts will work together SAFELY. Nothing says sad face like finally getting your baby running, loading a tune that isn't quite right and blowing her up. :(