GEN III SBC help

vonrottes

Most of you know I've got that piece of crap S10 with a 4.8L swap.. but my dad also has a 2005 Silverado with a 4.8L.

a few weeks ago both of our truck had the CEL come on with a P0332 code.

I got my knock sensors replaced almost immediately.. and everything worked fine until today going down i70 my tablet shouted a fault code was found... pending P0332 it's been nearly 3 weeks? and just now threw a code?

And then my dads truck.

he bought the cheap-o amazon parts and got both P0332 and P0327 with them

Replaced with new sensor from advance and they worked fine for about 50 miles.

With both trucks I "tested" the knock sensors three ways:

1. top terminal to bottom stud ~100-102kohm

2.top terminal to engine block ~ 100-102kohm

3.wire harness socket to engine block ~ 100-102kohm

With both truck the clean-up/removal included sucking the rust/water out with a shot vac, removing the sensors, sucking extra crap out with the shop vac again and then letting it air dry for about 1 hour.

Assembly I put the sensors back in, tightened them down, plug the harness in and used RTV around the rubber caps.

TL;DR

mine and my dads trucks both had P0332 codes, installed new knock sensors and still getting P0332 :confused:

Well those codes mean low or no frequency getting back to the PCM. So either there is a poor connection/wiring issue or the sensors are bad. Improper installation (ie over or under torqued) (15 foot pounds) can cause the codes, or if they were dropped prior to install.

This is one of those things that really can't be diagnosed over the internet.

did you replace the harness as well?

No, and I know I should have but the harnesses still looked in good condition..

When I had them apart I checked to make sure the con connections weren't corroded and when I hooked a multimeter up to them there was no resistance between the sensor plugs and the engine harness plug. But when I take them apart tomorrow I will replace the harness.

No, and I know I should have but the harnesses still looked in good condition..

When I had them apart I checked to make sure the con connections weren't corroded and when I hooked a multimeter up to them there was no resistance between the sensor plugs and the engine harness plug. But when I take them apart tomorrow I will replace the harness.

Mine looked fine and tested fine for continuity. Also had no resistance but was still apparently fucked lol. For the cost of the harness it doesn't make sense to not swap it while apart.

Dorman harness, DWB or whatever sensors and torqued down to exactly 15 lb-ft

Both my truck and my dads.

Cleared the codes on his truck and started getting a pending code after about 5 miles on i70

Mine when I replaced the sensor harness I also repinned the engine harness plug since there was a little crap on the bottom pin (bottom pin is the back sensor right?)

Started it up the first time and codes had cleared themselves.