FD part deux

Smokey

After the death of my last rx7 I contemplated many options. Considered just buying a classic cruiser, going back to motorcycles, or just taking time away from the hobby as a whole. I realized that I'm too addicted to the track habit though and I'd get another track car. I considered Porsches, Corvettes, and BMWs, but realized I have a strange attraction to Rx7s. I also know the platform both good and bad, have a nice stockpile of parts from the old car, and like weird shit evidently.

I only have some phone snaps of me picking up the car. I didn't plan on buying one so soon but found a car that was 95% of what I wanted (would have preferred red).

The car is a white 94 Rx7 with 61,500 miles. 2 owners a father who bought it new and gave it to his son. It's a base model 5-speed which means it has no sunroof, no wing, and no rear wiper which is exactly what I wanted. In this configuration it makes it 1 of 54 made this way in 1994 and one of a total 67 white no-roof cars ever brought to the US.

The car is grungy and needs a good detail, but is in great shape overall. It's bone stock down to having some of the parts that were considered faults from the factory. It also has a horrible stereo install that will be yanked.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z56/kutschca/9CF736AE-142E-46BE-A178-0F271C23AD1E_zpsgueln0bc.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z56/kutschca/80845FD5-5B94-48B4-8401-AA45FEB22449_zpsbncxkjgq.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome pick up! Hope to see you on track again!

If you find a red one I would love to have a white one! :p

You find me a red base model 5-speed with black interior in similar condition and we'll trade. :)

Don't stuff this one in the fucking wall, huh? :gabe:

No guarantees. And due to that I'm also going to do an irreversible mod to this one and weld in another roll bar. I'm not going back to the track with any less safety equipment than I had previously.

It hurts my weird love for these cars to think about doing some of the things I'll do to this survivor car....but it's mine to enjoy how I want and at least I'm using it and keeping it well instead of hard parking it and putting a nasty body kit on it.

Did you consider getting a cheap race bike and tracking it?

Yes. My first track experience was on sport bikes when I was 18-23. It's cheaper than cars for sure, but also some of the fun of this habit is being with friends/family while we all enjoy it. I only know one person riding bikes anymore and most of my friends are tracking cars, so that's where I'll stay. Plus being an instructor is an additional challenge and continued growth opportunity for me in cars.