New Topic: Can people be trans-racial?

BigOxley

Not sure if troll post? Biologically, it's very black and white? You either have a penis or a vagina. Now your preference in mate is another thing...

Science!

tl;dr: there's difference in the brains of transgender people. Biologically, you can have a penis and woman-like brain, or a penis and a man-like brain, etc. And that's not even getting into people with genital differences (you can have both, for example).

We're all just bags of meat after all.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if troll post? Biologically, it's very black and white? You either have Y chromosome or you don't . Now your preference in mate is another thing...

Fixed.

Neither issue listed is people/society categorizing a single person, it's how the individual is self identifying.

Race is an easy way to gauge common interests or cultures. Humans just looking for a community.

Sociocultural and socioeconomic factors do this rather then race.

Science!

tl;dr: there's difference in the brains of transgender people. Biologically, you can have a penis and woman-like brain, or a penis and a man-like brain, etc. And that's not even getting into people with genital differences (you can have both, for example).

We're all just bags of meat after all.

Could you imagine the shitstorm if scientists started testing brains looking for differences in race???

When Norm (Littleguy) and I hang out, we identify as one whole white guy or one whole Latino guy depending on the situation, ie; white for the authorities or loans, Latino for rougher areas we live or find ourselves in or for any kind of EEO or affirmative action.

(Little background info, we're both "half-breeds", "half and halfs", "moist backs", "mutts", "spics that span", etc. ;))

In other words, we identify as asian.

Honestly, I have never really felt white enough around the white people or latino enough around the latino people. The older I get and life experience being what it is, I consider myself Latino, as it is the culture I am much more comfortable around and that matches the way I see life.

I'm going to be trans species, that way my dog and I can get married, I can't wait to use my HSA card at the Vet's office. The world is going to shit...........

I'm going to claim trans-appliance. Think Obamacare will cover my broken A/C?

Got it. brain scan that show someone can be transgender, DNA shows that someone can't be transracial.

That's what the current science shows, yes. A person can be biologically transgender no matter what society decides to refer to them as. A person cannot be biologically transracial because they really can't even be biologically racial; race doesn't exist outside of society's labeling.

/thread

But seriously. Of you guys that have met me, seen me out, just happen to know what I look like...what if this story were about me? I mean, I considered for a bit going to Howard University, and could easily imagine myself in a role not dissimilar to this womans. Could you imagine that?

Now, I have the benefit of legitimately having a black father, but do you think anyone (who didn't know my father and I personally) would believe that? Here's another question thats REALLY going to cook your brain; What if, at age 35, it suddenly came out that I WAS the product of an affair, that the man who I'd thought was my father for 35 years, the man who had raised me, the man who's family I had been integrated into, was NOT my biological father? What then? I would have been identifying myself as mixed race for my entire life, and had been identified as that by everyone around me, including the government. What if, when that bomb was dropped, I was in a role similar to the role this woman is in, one that, for all intents and purposes, was a role that could only be filled by someone who was black/mixed race?

There are no "right or wrong" answers to my question, it's intention is only to make you think. Also, I don't mean to say that her situation and mine are mirrored, just that there are some similarities, mainly centered around how we identify ourselves, and how the world views us as a result.

Edited by Orion

Mother Nature shot her primordial man-load out of the ocean and onto the plains of Africa. I believe that sums up the whole of human evolutionary history quite succinctly. Hence this woman is only getting in touch with her roots. Which are vast and buried deeply, twisting and turning intricately.

Like a web you could say.

A web of lies.