Housing options

PRD2BDF

Pretty much this, but I live a few blocks north of Henderson and it's just peachy up here too. I had a negative image of this area compared to what the uppity people consider Clintonville, then the reality of what we wnated to afford set in and we looked in this area. Found a house we fell in love with and we haven't looked back. Great area really. If you don't like super dense housing, you will probably want to stay out of southern Clintiovlile; south of North Boradway, especially between High & Indianola, and west of high south of maybe about Como. Most of east of Indianola isn't too dense. To the OP I would actually highly suggest to look in my area. North of Cooke, East of high. Typically smaller houses so right sized and cost I think for you and very, very close to your work.

UA/Grandview is nice too, just a little bit more of a drive to your work and I don't think you are gaining anything from a neighborhood perspective. There are a lot more apartments/townhomes in those areas, so if you find a house too difficult to find or expensive to find a house, there is probably a benefit from rental density. Houses are typically more expensive there, so I imagine renting a house should generally be more expensive. Having said that, it seems like El Karacho's rental cost is about in line with this area.

Feel free to drop me a line and I can show you around Clintonville if you want.

Well said.

Cody, check out University View (NOT University Village), I live on the edge of that neighborhood. As others have offered I'd be happy to show you around the area.

P.S. if you don't require animal friendliness in your housing needs, your options open up IMMENSELY and your rent will cost way less.

Damn. Columbus is tough to understand. Here in Lancaster, the general rule is to avoid houses along the railroad track and otherwise you're golden.

Railroad tracks aren't really a great indicator here. As ^^^ he said, west of 71 and you're mostly golden. Clinton TWP, Clintonville, Upper Arlington, Grandview Heights are the best neighborhoods in that general area. There's some decent areas in Old North Columbus but they're harder to find.

Just texted you a couple pics of that house near me and PMed you the contact info for the realtors.

EDIT: FWIW I live pretty close to the tracks and I never hear anything. I'm on Kenny right around the corner from the place I sent you and it's a nice area.

I live just east of 71 (not even a half a mile). From my experience in the last 10 years, if you are east of the freeway, the closer to 71 you are the better you are. The housing is cheaper than west of the freeway, but west of the freeway is better. Where I am in particular is not a bad place at all, but if you are east of the freeway, stay north of Hudson. Fwiw, Cleveland ave and east of there (linden area) is a real shithole.