Need opinions on intake.

coltboostin

mine sucks in plenty of hot air and still makes plenty of power.

Not sure you want to add more cold air in your car as its already on the ragged edge!!!!

Just because something "works" does not mean it cant be improved. ;)

Also I'm sure my China Intercooler is inefficient near 20psi. If I can get the IAT's down 40-50 degrees, that will lead to exponential gains in higher gear-especially on back to back pulls in Mexico.

The car was pulling timing hard last time at the track. Granted, it was 90+ with 85%+ Humidity and I was hot lapping the fucker, but I know there is room for improvement there.

Couldn't you get the same power with less boost and colder air theoretically? IE safer power?

mine sucks in plenty of hot air and still makes plenty of power.

Not sure you want to add more cold air in your car as its already on the ragged edge!!!!

Just because something "works" does not mean it cant be improved. ;)

Also I'm sure my China Intercooler is inefficient near 20psi. If I can get the IAT's down 40-50 degrees, that will lead to exponential gains in higher gear-especially on back to back pulls in Mexico.

The car was pulling timing hard last time at the track. Granted, it was 90+ with 85%+ Humidity and I was hot lapping the fucker, but I know there is room for improvement there.

You could just buy a quality intercooler that isn't built by the lowest bidder to do the same. Don't get me wrong, cold air is good, but once its compressed by a snail, you are relying on the intercooler more than the intake temp to get your IAT's down.

Either way, I wish you luck, and look forward to the results.

Couldn't you get the same power with less boost and colder air theoretically? IE safer power?

Thats the goal

You could just buy a quality intercooler that isn't built by the lowest bidder to do the same. Don't get me wrong, cold air is good, but once its compressed by a snail, you are relying on the intercooler more than the intake temp to get your IAT's down.

I dont disgree-but having both and the treadstone that everyone uses in my hands back to back, I dont think there is anything to be gained there-maybe if I built a custom unit with huge Garrett cores, but I would just go A2W before I spent big $$$ on an intercooler.