Car guy passed away, looking for gift ideas for his family.

nurkvinny

My boss had a father in law pass a couple days ago and I collected cash to buy her and her family something. He was a "car guy" like a lot of us. I'm having a hard time finding a good gift idea and thought about playing off of the car theme.

Any ideas? $120-$150 budget. Company is sending funeral flowers separately.

Thanks.

Honestly gift cards to some food places with delivery menus. And the info on how to use grub hub to have them deliver.

No one is going to want to cook or clean after something something like this.

I know its not a "gift" but its practical, and someone what personal that your thinking of there well being.

That or some good liquor to drink there sorrows away.

Edited by Paul

Do you have access to photos? A happy photo of the deceased in their favorite car in a nice frame would bring good memories to the family. If there is a car staying in the family or being passed down a plaque for the dash that says in memory of ... and his favorite saying to put on the dash might work. Good luck.

Do you have access to photos? A happy photo of the deceased in their favorite car in a nice frame would bring good memories to the family. If there is a car staying in the family or being passed down a plaque for the dash that says in memory of ... and his favorite saying to put on the dash might work. Good luck.

I'll offer up any restoration or enhancement services too. No charge. Get me a couple nice ones. Happy to help.

Awesome ideas and offers (Tim). They live in the total boonies so food delivery is out. I don't have access to photos. I really appreciate the responses.

I can PM you a mailing address if they would like me to scan them. I know it's a lot to ask of a stranger to send their pics, but the offer stands and I'm 100% reliable in terms of restorations. I have plenty of history doing it. Thoughts and prayers to them.