tell me about vw r32

coleyounger3

I know that the Audi A3 quattro 3.2 VR6 is essentially the same car but not flypaper to the VW fanbois and without the expensive brake services. It's also slightly more comfy and way cheaper in the used market.

I know that the Audi A3 quattro 3.2 VR6 is essentially the same car but not flypaper to the VW fanbois and without the expensive brake services. It's also slightly more comfy and way cheaper in the used market.

and twice as girly.

and twice as girly.

it's four times as girly. Get it right.

But then again - take a toy dog on a leash to a park and see how many good looking women come up and talk to you just because your "girly" dog is cute. Same effect. :p

2007 vw r32 what to look for? Pros,cons thanks for any info

They didn't make this car in 2007, it was only a 2008 model. Do not worry about the number on the steering wheel because it doesn't mean anything in regards to when it was built. The numbers were placed on the car at the port when they arrived to the US. These cars are very solid if they are taken care of. Prices seem to be pretty decent right now, I traded mine in for $15,500.

I loved my R32 and I regret selling it now that I have a company car. I did not have to do much maintenance to the car besides the normal service intervals. The biggest service for the R is every 40k for the Haldex system and DSG service which go together.

I had the brakes done and went with Centric High Carbon rotors and Centric pads as well and they were just like factory, but with a little more bite. I spend around $650 in brakes. I also had the Magnaflow sport exhaust and I thought it sounded AMAZING. These cars are tough to make NA power and turbo kits are very expense for the 08 compared to the supercharged or boosted 04' R32's though still not cheap. I also lowered mine on ST coils, had it all the way lowered for one summer and raised it for the second. It was MUCH better raised up and drove amazing.

If you get one, look for one that has records had has had the recalls completed along with the Haldex system/DSG service on time. Also watch out for the bolsters on the seats because they can wear and crack over time if not taken care of.

Aftermarket parts are not that cheap but also not stupid expensive in my opinion. Again, I loved it and wish I would of kept it or at least picked up an 04' R32.

I learned a lot about these cars while I owned mine so if you have any questions shoot me a PM. Aaron, Jones and Farkas can also probably help with any questions because they know their Audi/VW pretty dam well.

More weight, and what Farkas said.

Also, they have the same brakes so...

and twice as girly.

:lolguy:

Retardedly expensive brakes.

:dumb:

The biggest service for the R is every 40k for the Haldex system and DSG service which go together.

If you get one, look for one that has records had has had the recalls completed along with the Haldex system/DSG service.

This.

I almost bought one a few times but couldn't get over the 3.2 NA engine with dsg. Killed the fun imo. That car begged for a manual.