Expedient - Electrical

mmrmnhrm

Posting for our facility engineer at the new Dublin office just went up here. This is what I'm doing at Arlington right now, so I can answer just about any sort of question you have about what you'd be doing, hours, requirements, and benefits.

Eli - I am not, but because I'm already in Arlington, they really really want a trade electrician for Dublin.

Ryan - Probably depends on the requirement in question. We simply can't hire, for example, a quadriplegic for this position, but if you've spent the last five years working for RobotWorx up in Marion, that'll look good even though it's not "data center."

Eli - I am not, but because I'm already in Arlington, they really really want a trade electrician for Dublin.

Ryan - Probably depends on the requirement in question. We simply can't hire, for example, a quadriplegic for this position, but if you've spent the last five years working for RobotWorx up in Marion, that'll look good even though it's not "data center."

Careful- making an assumption on who you cannot hire before you interview them violates ADA.

For all you know, there could be a perfectly capable quadriplegic electrician out there that your company simply can't be without.

Obviously I'm exaggerating, but posting stuff like that could get you and your company in some serious trouble. That said, good luck man. Trade positions are getting harder and harder to fill.

• 2 months later...
Still looking to fill this, and the managers are starting to get annoyed. Corporate recruiter was even like "Have any ideas?"... yeah, search Cleveland/Toledo/Detroit and offer relo. Ryan, if you haven't thrown your name in, I'd suggest giving it a shot even though you're not a "real" electrician. The experience you've got is probably applicable/transferable to what you'd be doing with us, and I'd likely be teaching you the rest.

I actually kind of forgot all about this. While I am not saying I am not interested, I have transfered back to the maintenance department at work and I actually enjoy my job again. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to checking out this job if they can beat what I am getting paid now. Do you have any Idea what the starting pay would be or what the top out pay would be (and how long it would take to get there)? You can pm me if you like.

Been working in IT for 6 years now and about to graduate with an electro-mechanical degree. Sounds perfect but I'm not a certified electrician.

Apply anyways... as Eli pointed out, I wasn't licensed when they hired me five years ago, either. I'm still not. If you've got the right experience, willingness to learn, and don't pull stupid crap, we can (and do) fill in the holes and reimburse relevant training.