Need quick opinion: battery relocate

Zx2guy19

Hey everyone, relocating the battery on my 240 today. I have a high quality 4 gauge wire (fine strand) that's just the amount I need. I'm reading a lot on forums of most people using 0, 1 or 2. It's a Bosch gel battery, 740 CCA.

Overall question: is a high quality, fine strand 4 gauge wire acceptable for a battery wire to the trunk?

Size of the battery has nothing to do with what size wire you need, it's all about how big of a load will be on the other end of that wire. I am not an engineer nor do I want to help you calculate the proper size, but I would not skimp here. Bigger is better in this situation. Even if the wire is "just big enough" running a larger wire helps keep voltage drop to a minimum and will just make everthing electrical on the car work better, ie more reliable and consistant.

I debated it on my car, waiting untilt this winter but I would say at a minimum very high quality 2ga wire with great connectors. I'm using 0ga Mil-Spec just to be safe as as some sheathing to ensure it doesn't rub through

I need to replace a few cables on my truck where the crappy lead factory terminals are failing. Reading up on replacements, there is a big debate between crimped on or soldered on terminals.

Any thoughts on what's best?

I need to replace a few cables on my truck where the crappy lead factory terminals are failing. Reading up on replacements, there is a big debate between crimped on or soldered on terminals.

I've always been against soldering as it usually becomes very brittle. If you get a good set of crimps and then heat shrink over that it holds up very well in my opinion.

Soldered

I used 4 gauge. The car has been sitting for 2 years and I wanted to hear it run today. I'll probably upgrade it this winter, but I couldn't find any place open that anything better in a high quality wire.

That said, the car started right up and sounds great. I used a 6 port power block by Raptor Audio to split all the front wiring into the back. I have to get a battery box but otherwise, it's ready to tow to IPS.