Calling GM techs

aussiek2000

In need of a 2.0 thread pitch Northstar Headbolt thread repair kit. We only have the 1.5 kit. Please let me know if you or your dealer has a kit they would loan to our dealer. We could sent parts runner to pick it up Monday and would obviously cover any materials used.

Are you looking for a heli coil kit?

Kind of. I need the GM time-sert kit for head bolts on a older version northstar. Has the drill bits, installer tools, and inserts. You drill out all the threads, retap the hole, and then install a threaded insert. Similar to helicoil brand but much much stronger.

That will be awesome. We got Jeff Wyler's kit, but its for the newer engine. And all of our kits are for newer engine as well.

Did the 2nd Gen Northstars end up having the threads pull too? Haven't been on the Cadillac forums in ages, but last I checked the problem was thought to be corrected in the 2nd Gen's with a change in thread pitch? Guess not.

Did the 2nd Gen Northstars end up having the threads pull too? Haven't been on the Cadillac forums in ages, but last I checked the problem was thought to be corrected in the 2nd Gen's with a change in thread pitch? Guess not.[/QUOte]

This car is 04, just had 09 in thurday with popped gaskets too. priced inserts as part of the job.