Finally started my smurf turd after 1 1/2 years

Buck531

So a year and a half ago my sons 99 Regal LS blew the trans. 182k miles. Oh well. Replaced it with a CL special and 2 days later 2nd gear is gone. I told him to buy another car as I didn't want to mess with it another weekend.

So he picked up Mikes (302 powered) 99 Avenger. I pulled the motor and trans and let it sit. I had Kyle (Chavo) on here rebuild the trans. I put a used XP cam in it and a top swap from a '00 GTP . Stock 182k mile bottom end, cam, some headers.

I was planning on 12's for a grand but right now I'm at $1200 or so so I guess 12's for $1200? Anyways. I started it up for the first time in over a year yesterday. First video is with the open headers and 2nd is with the cat back jerry rigged up.

I plan on fully gutting it down to the metal and shaving 5-600 lbs off it. We'll see how that goes.

Yes. It's very dirty, very ugly and I don't care. :)

Congrats and small world. I'm pretty sure I was working in my back yard pulling up a brick side walk when you 1st started it. Were the ones diagonal your back yard that pulled their above ground pool. I heard a lady yelling in happyness so I figured it was a big deal and went back to sweating through every shirt that I own.

Congrats and small world. I'm pretty sure I was working in my back yard pulling up a brick side walk when you 1st started it. Were the ones diagonal your back yard that pulled their above ground pool. I heard a lady yelling in happyness so I figured it was a big deal and went back to sweating through every shirt that I own.

Ha. no shit. I didn't know that was you there. Did you buy the house or did the other people move out? Or have you been there for a while or just move in?

You should swing by one day if you're ever out and about.

Ha. no shit. I didn't know that was you there. Did you buy the house or did the other people move out? Or have you been there for a while or just move in?

You should swing by one day if you're ever out and about.

We bought the house in December. Were slowly cleaning up the yard after little maintenance was done on a regular basis. One of these days I will have to swing by or vice versa.