Dress shoes

SRTurbo04

Ok so im not used to wearing a monkey suit 5 days a week, but have a new job and wanting to make sure i am looking professional. What comfortable shoes you all wearing when sporting a suit/a pair of dress slacks?

Also where do you go to buy these monkey shoes??

Cole Hann pinch buckle loafer, simply stated and comfortable. But there are lots of good brands out there. Most of them you can get online at places like Zappos. If you are on your feet all day, get two pairs of whatever shoes you like, and rotate them so they dry out properly in between. Too many people try to make one pair shoes work, and the leather breaks down prematurely due to not being able to try out properly. They will last you for years. Don't cheap out, your feet sweat in cheap synthetics. Arch support as well as a shoe that molds to your foot of the utmost importance.

I swear there was a thread on this not too long ago.

I'm a huge fan of Allen Edmonds shoes. They have a retail store in the Polaris mall now, or can be found at some department stores.

These can be damn near life long dress shoes for you. The leather sole versions can be sent back to have new soles installed and the shoes reconditioned for reasonable money whenever they get to the point that they've worn out. What you get back is a nearly new looking shoe.

there was a thread about this exact topic a year ago...

Depending on your environment you have a couple of options.

I wear these daily. My wife says they are too casual but I wear slacks/polo every day.

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/cole+haan+air+somerset+loafer?prodId=282509&productRef=SEARCH&activeBrand=4294966711+4294963666+4294963143

If I want to dress it up but not look like an old dud I have a couple pairs of these...

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/mezlan+duke+cap+toe+oxford?prodId=230602&productRef=SEARCH&activeBrand=4294965892+4294963666+4294963143

What is your price range?

I'm a huge fan of Allen Edmonds shoes. They have a retail store in the Polaris mall now, or can be found at some department stores.

These can be damn near life long dress shoes for you. The leather sole versions can be sent back to have new soles installed and the shoes reconditioned for reasonable money whenever they get to the point that they've worn out. What you get back is a nearly new looking shoe.

my bad i didnt see any old posts. Thanks for the tip

there was a thread about this exact topic a year ago...

Depending on your environment you have a couple of options.

I wear these daily. My wife says they are too casual but I wear slacks/polo every day.

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/cole+haan+air+somerset+loafer?prodId=282509&productRef=SEARCH&activeBrand=4294966711+4294963666+4294963143

If I want to dress it up but not look like an old dud I have a couple pairs of these...

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/mezlan+duke+cap+toe+oxford?prodId=230602&productRef=SEARCH&activeBrand=4294965892+4294963666+4294963143

Office environment all in doors

+1.

josheph abboud has some nice designs and quality. I'd suggest getting a nice pair of lace ups for when you're more dress and slip-ons that work well in a dress environment and at night you can simply untuck the shirt, slip on some dress jeans and keep the same shoes.

Cole haan is awesome for loafers and driving shoes.

Johnston and Murphy is a great choice for dress shoes and they are in Polaris. They last forever and are comfy.

I personally like Ferragamo and Stubbs and wootton for my suits when I wear them.

Like mentioned make sure you get real leather s d multiple pairs.

+ infinity for Allen Edmonds

There's dress shoes then there's AE's

But I'm sure you don't wanna buy $200-500 dress shoes to wear at your new head custodian job so I'd stick to the Walmart specials.

A few thoughts.

1) Always spend a little more on the things that separate you from the ground; your shoes, your mattress, and your tires. You will never regret these purchases.

2) Will you be walking around a lot? As a car salesman I blast through shoes like you wouldn't believe, and I agree with all the advice in this thread so far. No synthetics, leather sole only so it can be resoled easily.

3) Invest in a shoe cleaning/polish kit. Learn how to do it properly. Your shoes will reward you with many more years of use.

4) Invest in some good cedars/shoe trees. They will maintain the shape and therefore comfort, as well as helping to dry out your shoes after wearing them which will prolong their useful life.

5) Ecco shoes are durable and classy without breaking the bank. Sometimes I destroy/wear through shoes in irreparable ways so I don't like spending over $300 on something that may end up in the trash in a year. Bump your budget from $150 to $200 and you will thank yourself.

6) DO NOT BUY JOHNSON & MURPHY THEY ARE SHIT. I had a couple pairs a long time ago that were solid and lasted me a while, so a little while ago I went back in and got some more pairs that fell apart in a few months. Utter shit.

I love the shoe analysts at CR. you guys REAAAAALLY know how to get lost in the minutiae.

Keep it simple.

Spend 100-200 dollars on a pair of real leather shoes where you recognize the brand name, are comfortable, and don't look retarded.

END THREAD

I love the shoe analysts at CR. you guys REAAAAALLY know how to get lost in the minutiae.

Keep it simple.

Spend 100-200 dollars on a pair of real leather shoes where you recognize the brand name, are comfortable, and don't look retarded.

END THREAD

My context and analysis of the minutiae comes from the fact that I could easily spend $1k on shoes annually if I didn't take the time to properly research. Car sales is hell on shoes.

But still a good point.

I am kind of a shoe whore so I'll tell you what I think. I am not a fan of Allen Edmunds. They just look like old people shoes to me and I don't see anything special in the craftsmanship.

My typical daily shoe is a Salvatore Ferragamo loafer like this. Super freaking comfortable and very high quality.

http://www.ferragamo.com/shop/en/eur/men/man-shoes/mocassins---loafers/-617486--1#pId=6148914691233644464

The brand that has become my favorite lately is Magnanni. They are a Spanish brand and are simply the most comfortable dress shoe brand that I have found, plus they have cool bottoms.

http://www.magnanni.com/

Allen Edmonds do look nice but I couldn't stand my pair. They didn't fit my foot properly because they are so narrow. I had to return them because they would leave pressure marks on the top of my foot. I even tried a much larger pair than normal and they did the same. Anymore I just buy real leather shoes with rubber soles. Those keep my feet the most comfortable minus my feet sweating. If you throw in wooded shoe trees when your shoes are not in use it will help.

+ infinity for Allen Edmonds

There's dress shoes then there's AE's

But I'm sure you don't wanna buy $200-500 dress shoes to wear at your new head custodian job so I'd stick to the Walmart specials.

500$ on shoes is just dumb to me, but what do i know.

A few thoughts.

1) Always spend a little more on the things that separate you from the ground; your shoes, your mattress, and your tires. You will never regret these purchases.

2) Will you be walking around a lot? As a car salesman I blast through shoes like you wouldn't believe, and I agree with all the advice in this thread so far. No synthetics, leather sole only so it can be resoled easily.

3) Invest in a shoe cleaning/polish kit. Learn how to do it properly. Your shoes will reward you with many more years of use.

4) Invest in some good cedars/shoe trees. They will maintain the shape and therefore comfort, as well as helping to dry out your shoes after wearing them which will prolong their useful life.

5) Ecco shoes are durable and classy without breaking the bank. Sometimes I destroy/wear through shoes in irreparable ways so I don't like spending over $300 on something that may end up in the trash in a year. Bump your budget from $150 to $200 and you will thank yourself.

6) DO NOT BUY JOHNSON & MURPHY THEY ARE SHIT. I had a couple pairs a long time ago that were solid and lasted me a while, so a little while ago I went back in and got some more pairs that fell apart in a few months. Utter shit.

Yea thats a little too in depth for me. Office building not much walking.