Talk me out of waiting to get married/having kids at 50

BigOxley

Your comments on rearing kids are lulzy. It seems simple, and you've got it all figured out...but execution will be far from it I GAR-ONN-TEEE...

If you seriously want to talk more about this topic, we can get together for a beer.:nod:

LOL. Best post of this thread. You seem to have it all figured out but are far from reality. Good luck brother. :gabe:

Ha, well stated Clay.

So often things are simple in concept yet so drastically different in actual execution.

Yupppppp

Hell im only 2 years into this parent hood thing and i had the same mind set of "i got this" :lol: quickly reliazed I didn't.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yupppppp

Hell im only 2 years into this parent hood thing and i had the same mind set of "i got this" :lol: quickly reliazed I didn't.

1 is easy too. 2 is more than 2x as challenging. 3 or 4 is old hat by then but even more challenging still but again, by then parents got skills.

Don't have kids ever. Save all the money you would be spending on them up till the age of 18 ($245,000). Take that money to retire and enjoy yourself. Do whatever makes you happy. If you want to live on a cruise ship who cares do it.

Don't have kids if you feel you can just let your wife/gf/whoever take care of them. They can play sports but don't use this as a way to get out of taking care of your children. If you can't be a FATHER and raise your offspring get fixed now. Anyone can be a dead bead Dad. Don't be that person.

I took the opposite route I suppose I am 42 and am essentially 1 year from being an empty nester.

I would say if you plan to have kids - have them now. I would not advise my route but 50 is too old in my opinion. If you wait until you are "financially" ready for a kid you will never have one.

We did the WAY early route. 39 and my wife is 38. Our son will be 22 in September and he already moved out last year. Then we have a 14 year old with Autism who may never move out. Not a big deal though.

As for you.. Russian Mail order bride and a pre-nup agreement.

You guys are silly.

We're not the ones asking life-altering questions on a car forum, then scoffing at the wealth of experiences shared by trusted members.:D

"Hey guys, I'm bored with my life-on-cruise-control. It's pretty easy to grow some kids AMIRITE?"

You guys are silly.

We're not the ones asking life-altering questions on a car forum, then scoffing at the wealth of experiences shared by trusted members.:D

"Hey guys, I'm bored with my life-on-cruise-control. It's pretty easy to grow some kids AMIRITE?"

Pretty easy just add lube. See below.

http://i.imgur.com/xovVuUP.gif

... in the Kitchen

Are grandparents not able to take care of children?

For a few days? Yes no problem.

A week? Maybe, but they'd be struggling at the end

Kids can exhaust you. I have twins that are almost 8, and a 6 year old boy. I have them every other week for a week at a time. When I have them I still work full time as a surgeon, and have essentially very little help (nanny two days a week to pick the kids up from school). By the end of the week I'm exhausted. I miss them the minute they're gone, but there's no way in hell I'd be able to do this at 50.

Sometimes I have to sit back and laugh at how insane the schedule can be, but at the end of the day it's more rewarding than my job, house, cars, etc.