WTB: Suburban/Yukon/Tahoe 2007+

yardman10

As the title says, I am looking for one of the above. Specifics would be anything 2007 or newer. Less than 150000 miles. The kicker is that I am trying to find a decent one for less than $15000.00 which seems to be difficult. Sunroof, DVD, 3rd row is a plus. Salesman, fellow CR members, help me find it. Lastly, we have an 08 Nissan Quest I would really like to trade in on the SUV. Let me know what is out there or if any salesman on here can keep their eyes open for one. Thanks in advance!

I suggest looking for one with the 6-sp trans instead of the 4-sp. In the truck form, the 6-sp GMT 900 started in '9. I have no idea when it started in SUV form.

I've heard at least one story where an owner of both stated the 4spd was a better driver. All hearsay though

It went to a 6 speed in 2010 in the Tahoes and Suburbans. Going from the 4 to the 6 speed does require adjustment. The biggest thing is, at times, you get caught in the wrong gear - especially turning at 15-20 MPH. It holds the higher gear (for gas mileage) and it falls on its face when you try to accelerate unless you punch it. You get use to it and you can drive around it. I have heard a tune does wonders.

I'd rather have that then when my 4-speed in the Saaaaaaaaab does what's known as the "slip slap". In that same situation it stays in 2nd until you give it moderate throttle (35%) where it'll attempt to drive out for a moment only to violently downshift back into first. The only way around it is to baby the thing in 2nd until it gets to a high enough RPM to not downshift.

just traded in my 07 Tahoe LT. Had 98k on it with 4x4, trailer package and 3rd row as only options and dealer gave me 15,800 for it and now selling for $18,500.

Once they hit 100k they pretty much tank in value so finding one for $15k shouldn't be a problem from a private party