Mr. Robot

bicranium

Didn't see a thread on this and I know from time to time there are threads for TV shows here. Anyone else watching this? It's on USA but they're letting the showrunner (Sam Esmail) do pretty much whatever he wants and the results have been incredible.

There is a good bit of computer jargon but the show has devices in place to help the not so computer literate get by and focus on the story itself.

The writing, the acting, the music (both the original score and song selection)... all top notch.

I have been enjoying it as well. Glad I set it up to record to the DVR.

So does anyone else get the feeling Mr. Robot is really in Elliot's head and he is really leading FSociety? Kind of like Fight Club and Mr Robot is Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt)

Am I the only one who gets lost if I turn my head from the TV for 5 minutes? This show is all over the place. But I like it

You definitely have to give the show your undivided attention. I do that for pretty much any show I really want to get into but I have some friends who have tried Mr. Robot the way they usually do stuff (doing stuff on their phones or whatever as they watch) who have ended up pretty lost. The creator sets some situations up where you're supposed to feel a little lost though and then by the end of an episode everything comes together.

I have been enjoying it as well. Glad I set it up to record to the DVR.

So does anyone else get the feeling Mr. Robot is really in Elliot's head and he is really leading FSociety? Kind of like Fight Club and Mr Robot is Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt)

How many episodes in are you?

Thanks for the tip on this -- it wasn't on my radar.

I got season 1 (9 episodes) on the Amazon FireStick TV and am really enjoying it. I haven't found it too IT technical so far. I completely agree with having to concentrate on watching in order to get a good understanding of what's happening and why.

Yeah I didn't realize I was 2 episodes behind when I typed that. LOL I got caught up last night. LOL

Yeah, I don't want to spoil anything in here now since it seems most haven't heard about it and it's a great show so I want to give them a chance to see it all for themselves now. The song they used at the end of episode 9 though... absolutely perfect for... reasons.

Remember to check your DVR's and make sure they're set to record tonight's episode. With DirecTV since I only have it set to record the first run of an episode it considers tonight's finale a second run so I had to set it manually. Also, the episode tonight should be at least 1 hour 15 minutes of TV time so adjust for that if you have to. There's also supposed to be something after the end credits so I added an additional 15 minutes to make sure I get that as well.