Safe to drive on P0463 Code?

TTQ B4U

Wife is away with the minivan that threw a check engine light. Took it to Napa and they showed a P0463 Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit code reading a HIgh Input.

Basically it seems to just be a fuel level gauge issue which explains her console MPG Computer thing not working correctly. Well likely need to replace the fuel pump to get it fixed but that's when she gets back home.

Car runs great, etc but she's a good 10hr drive away. Just wanting insight on driving with this code. Hopefully will correct itself after a couple starts. She did not have them clear the code or light just check it.

Started it after filling up to insure all was good and it seems to read full and a correct est. of distance to go. She did let it go below 1/4 tank which is where seems to be the most issues are noticed when popping up if that means anything.

Thanks for the input. If the consencous is she's goot to drive it I'll just have her fill up every 250 miles or so to be safe.

I've replaced countless Hyundai level sensors. You can buy the sensor(s) by itself from the dealer and they aren't terribly expensive. Some of them have 2 level sensors.

Good to know. This is in an Entourage minivan 2007 if that matters.

Are you a tech at a local shop or dealer? I'll need to get this fixed in the coming weeks.