Finance or pay cash?

justin0469

Finance or cash  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Finance or cash

• Finance
    • Cash

I've paid cash for every bike I have owned..I don't like financing...its just paying more than you have too...Although I did have to finance my house! LOL

cause you are baller rich.... you suck mang!! :D (no wonder the ladies are chasing you, if you were broke like me you wouldn't get a second glance...i.e. you ugly mang!!)

This thread is still alive?... I pay cash. Just write a check. If I want some back, I surrender the title to the credit union for a one or two year loan. The interest paid on a short term loan is hardly worth the lending institution doing it. Which I've only done once on a bike. No banks, their job is to take money away from you whatever way they can. That's true for dealerships also, as far as I can see.

No full coverage insurance that way. If I crash or ding it up, I pay for it. That will teach me not to crash. This does not work for bikes that are targets of theft. Those need the theft coverage, without a doubt. You can usually tell by the insurance coverage rates, or just ask your agent.

I've heard that paying cash for vehicles is subject to investigation by the Federal Gov. I don't care. I'm not the droid you're looking for. Nothing to see here, move along... (I think it has to be over $10,000)

This thread is still alive?... I pay cash. Just write a check. If I want some back, I surrender the title to the credit union for a one or two year loan. The interest paid on a short term loan is hardly worth the lending institution doing it. Which I've only done once on a bike. No banks, their job is to take money away from you whatever way they can. That's true for dealerships also, as far as I can see.

No full coverage insurance that way. If I crash or ding it up, I pay for it. That will teach me not to crash. This does not work for bikes that are targets of theft. Those need the theft coverage, without a doubt. You can usually tell by the insurance coverage rates, or just ask your agent.

I've heard that paying cash for vehicles is subject to investigation by the Federal Gov. I don't care. I'm not the droid you're looking for. Nothing to see here, move along... (I think it has to be over $10,000)

how'd you get out of full coverage with a CU loan? I got my loan from my CU and had to have full coverage on it until the loan value fell below $2000. did you just get a general money loan or a vehicle-specific loan?

how'd you get out of full coverage with a CU loan? I got my loan from my CU and had to have full coverage on it until the loan value fell below $2000. did you just get a general money loan or a vehicle-specific loan?

I don't remember any bank or credit union asking for full coverage or proof of. I'm probably ignorant on this, but I bet they were doing personal loans with the title as collateral. Not a vehicle loan. (I don't see the difference, if they hold the title.) I would still have to pay it off. The only time I did it with a bike title, was with a bank near my work place. And they demanded a small insurance policy against the motorcycle loan. Banks sux. And yes, I was probably below the limit of the loan value also, so no full coverage required.

But... I've never had it come up on a car, van, or truck either. Dunno...

Maybe I just buy cheap junk, tear it up and throw it away, ha.