Where to rent sport cars?

Johny Utah

Clicked on link expecting to see "high-line" cars...

If you want to drive those mid-level sports cars, you can check out Hertz online, or call their airport rental location. That's the best place as they will have Camaro/Mustang V8 options for not a lot of money.

If you wanted a Mercedes SLS or Audi R8, I'm not sure where to go...

EDIT: Paul beat me to it...

I rented a Challenger R/T in Washington DC and a Camaro SS in NYC through Hertz's adrenalin series. A couple of things:

A) all cars are automatic. No matter how much I pleaded, begged, etc...wasn't going to happen for a three pedal.

b) Some locations are picky, some aren't. The NYC guy measured my camaro SS tread before and after, the DC guy didn't bat an eye at the molten rubber on the orange challenger's quarter panels and I never got charged.

c) every location has different cars. Adrenalin' series are muscle cars, Dream car series are sports cars. When I was in West Palm Beach Hertz had an R8, a 911 turbo, and a GTR. In Dallas they had a GTR and a Shelby GT500. In Los Angles there was Zl1 and a Ferrari California. The Dream program is not anywhere in the midwest.

Why do you want to rent the car? personal drive to see if you like it? video shoot? photo shoot. I have had good luck with CL for photo and video stuff, esp when you call the owner and let them know their insurance needs to cover it during the shoot (usually you need a rider from your existing company).

• 2 weeks later...