Gym Memberships?

Exodus

The only two that makes sense for us is snap fitness in upper arlington or LA fitness on goodale.

Why do you say this? Do you or wifey have a special requirement of some sort that only those two can meet, is money an issue, do you (not)want swimming? Lots of gyms in the area, so limiting it to just these two straight off without knowing why kinda defeats the purpose.

Why do you say this? Do you or wifey have a special requirement of some sort that only those two can meet, is money an issue, do you (not)want swimming? Lots of gyms in the area, so limiting it to just these two straight off without knowing why kinda defeats the purpose.

They are close. That's all. Snap is about a block away and LA is on the way home from work.

I wish, the giant eagle on 5th ave relocated to Grandview Yard, I was hoping someone would open a planet fitness there. It would do well.

No you dont. PF is the lamest excuse for a gym. Its all about fat acceptance there. THEY GIVE OUT FREE PIZZA FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!!!

No you dont. PF is the lamest excuse for a gym. Its all about fat acceptance there. THEY GIVE OUT FREE PIZZA FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!!!

I absolutely agree with you... mostly. However, you get what out of it what you put into it. I go to PF b/c its stupid cheap and there was a location close to work and home (i moved recently).

There are some annoying things, like lack of a regular squat rack, lack of regular bench press, 'fixed weight bars' didn't go very high (maybe 60lbs?). But for the most part it was always empty when I was there during daytime and non-peak hours, and even the rare occurrence I went during peak hours it was still manageable.

But the "judgement free zone" is bullshit, basically its judgement free as long as you fit their mold of who should go there. I cant carry a gallon jug of water b/c its somehow against the rules? bullshit. oh and don't ever touch the free tootsie rolls.

The wife and I are looking to join a gym together. The only two that makes sense for us is snap fitness in upper arlington or LA fitness on goodale.

Which is better and what's the best way to get a good rate?

Thanks

I just moved to grandview, looking for a gym as well. I have some friends that go to LA Fitness but I have heard it can get stupid busy during peak hours. Snap fitness is ok, but every location I've seen looks small, like a storefront with a bunch of equipment squeezed in.

I absolutely agree with you... mostly. However, you get what out of it what you put into it. I go to PF b/c its stupid cheap and there was a location close to work and home (i moved recently).

There are some annoying things, like lack of a regular squat rack, lack of regular bench press, 'fixed weight bars' didn't go very high (maybe 60lbs?). But for the most part it was always empty when I was there during daytime and non-peak hours, and even the rare occurrence I went during peak hours it was still manageable.

But the "judgement free zone" is bullshit, basically its judgement free as long as you fit their mold of who should go there. I cant carry a gallon jug of water b/c its somehow against the rules? bullshit. oh and don't ever touch the free tootsie rolls.

Don't forget about the lunk alarm. Make so much as a peep and it sounds making you look like a douche.

Yep, I've been there ever since Westerville Athletic closed up shop. But it does cost a pretty penny.

Worth it though considering what they offer. I've been going there almost daily since 2008. Plus I live less than a mile from there so it's a win win.