STi Turbo upgrade advice

Grudes

Well the Turbo I was going to install on my STi had more shaft play than I was comfortable with so I wanted to get opinions on what turbo is a good upgrade. Im still have the factory rotating assembly but thats about it. It has ARP head studs,

3" catless turbo back, aftermarket uppipe, short ram intake, aftermarket turbo inlet, larger top mount, I also have 850cc DW injectors and a 250lph fuel to install. Im sure theres more stuff but thats everything I can think of that would be relavent to upgrading my turbo.

What is the intent of the use of the car? Daily driver, auto cross, drag race, road race, 350hp daily that is reliable?

I agree, give an idea of what you want this thing to be and that will change things around. 350+ is certainly doable though I would definitely be looking at the crossover pipe or headers to make sure you are feeding enough air to a bigger turbo.

What is the intent of the use of the car? Daily driver, auto cross, drag race, road race, 350hp daily that is reliable?

Mostly a toy to be honest. Maybe some autocross sprinkled in. I wouldn't really call it a daily. I do drive it to work sometimes and I take it out to some meets but typically I just take it out to have some fun. I have an 01 Grand Cherokee that I put most of the miles on.

I agree, give an idea of what you want this thing to be and that will change things around. 350+ is certainly doable though I would definitely be looking at the crossover pipe or headers to make sure you are feeding enough air to a bigger turbo.

It does have a COBB stage 2 OTS map on it now with the stock vf39. The VF39 just doesnt have any top end. I would like to be around 350whp. Iv heard alot of good things about the 20g's

I had a ATP stock location GT3071 on my sti at one point. It was good for 380whp on pump, but it was a little laggy. If I were to look today, I'd look into a forced performance 71HTZ (whatever it's called) or blouch 18g-xt.

Were you still running the factory short block? Iv heard diffrent things on how much power the oem motor can hold.

Were you still running the factory short block? Iv heard diffrent things on how much power the oem motor can hold.

i was at the time. unopened subaru blocks, with GOOD/GREAT tunes, are stout. the stock long block STI record is something stupid, like 590whp on a mustang dyno and ran a 9.77 at +140mph

i was at the time. unopened subaru blocks, with GOOD/GREAT tunes, are stout. the stock long block STI record is something stupid, like 590whp on a mustang dyno and ran a 9.77 at +140mph

Thats insane. That makes me feel better about bolting on a bigger turbo without throwing rods out of the block

tune is going to be the key for this sort of thing. there are a lot of good tuners around. The Eric's that used to work for Covert, Byran and Corey at Slowmo, Dom at TIC in Cincy. The only one I haven't had personal experience with is Dom, but he has a great rep in the Subie community

So what I want to know is, who out there has experience doing a top feed injector swap? Looks like a good option when going to E85. What all is involved in that? And is the top feed conversion, bigger injectors, and larger pump all that is needed to make 400 wheel on corn.