FS: 2001 Saturn SL1

Geeesammy

I'm putting my 2001 Saturn SL1 up for sale. It has been an EXTREMELY reliable daily driver/winter beater. I've taken great care of this car and it is in phenomenal mechanical condition. Lots of new parts since I've owned it. I bought this car from Andy (B3NN3T) back in February or so of 2014 with 152,000 or so.

Important info-

173,000 (will rise slowly as it is my daily)

Single cam 1.9 Liter, 5 speed manual

His for sale thread-

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116503

Pro's

-Cold A/C, hot heat

- 40 MPG on the freeway, I average 30-32mpg, I have a 2.5 mile commute now, before when it was about 40 miles I would average 35-37mpg with it being short trip'd to lunch daily.

- Leather seats from an SC, the drivers seat has a tear but another one can be found easily. Not a worry to me as I rarely notice it so I've let it go.

- Large trunk for how small of a car it is, I've easily fit 5-6 guns in the back and 3 sets of golf clubs on separate occasions.

-The entire car is basically plastic so no worries of door dings.

-No wrecks as far as I am able to tell

-Aftermarket head unit, MP3 so the car isn't as boring.

-5 speed

Con's

-It has a small exhaust leak somewhere behind the cat, I'm not sure where and it doesn't bother me enough yet to take it to Mad Hatter or elsewhere to have the hole welded up.

-Interior is a bit bland, manual windows and locks.

-The steering wheel is off center by a bit, the right front camber and toe are out of adjustment due to recent part replacement as listed below. It will need an alignment to fix this. It doesn't seem to want to pull too much.

-5 speed

New parts

I'll try to be as exact as I can of when these parts were replaced, but all have been done in my tenure of owning the car. The parts will be listed starting with the newest replaced to oldest.

- Plug wires (172,000)

- Right outer tie rod end (172,000)

- Right wheel bearing (172,000)

- All engine and transmission mounts (172,000)

- Front brake pads and rotors (170,000)

- Radiator (165,000)

- Battery/ battery bolts (early winter '14)

- Valve cover gasket (Shortly after purchase, 155,000?)

I know there are a few parts I am forgetting, I'll add them as I remember. I've kept up with the oil changes on it, the thing fires right up and never has left me stranded. The tires on it are in okay condition, I'll get exact measurements shortly. I'll be having the oil changed this weekend and checking it out for any other items needing replaced that are a safety or reliability concern.

Price is $1400, pretty firm on this. Not willing to trade, I'm selling this to buy a 4 wheel drive Cherokee. That said the Cherokee won't be availible for me to purchase until next week, and unfortunately I'll be on vacation then so I won't be able to sell this until the 12th at the earliest. Possibly the 10th or so, but I'd like to wait until that Monday. I'm just posting this now to see if anyone on here would be interested and I'm trying to avoid CL.

I'll add some pics when it isn't rainy out.

Imgur album, hopefully the link works

Front tires are 4/32" or so, rears at around 5/32".

Picture of seat/tear included. Quick pics and odd angles but didn't have much time. Title is getting notarized right now and I am willing to sell either tonight, tomorrow night or Saturday, I leave Sunday for vacation for a week. Open to a reasonable offer. Would prefer to avoid Craigslist but it is heading there tonight..

http://imgur.com/a/klgNt