Forget Capitol Cadillac. (Long)

Draco-REX

1) Is this stuff your assuming would be covered under a factoy warrenty?

2) What is the factory warrently entale?

3) Its GM, what did you expect? Not being a dick, but when I got by V, I know what it was, a shiney mallet. Nothing more. You got the new and improved shiny sledge hammer. If you wanted a swiss watch, you should have bought something from Switzerland.

4)*edit* you called it!

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1850175&postcount=70

Warranty is 4/50k on everything except power train which is 5/100k depending on year. Bumper to bumper warranty (4/50) covers just about anything you can complain about except paint, tires, and alignment.

Warranty is 4/50k on everything except power train which is 5/100k depending on year. Bumper to bumper warranty (4/50) covers just about anything you can complain about except paint, tires, and alignment.

Pretty much, and GM typically pays the claims without much question unless you are just being stupid.

Really sounds like a poorly run shop, with poor management that isn't pushing their techs to be productive. Makes me wonder what their GM training and CSI looks like in that shop, I bet their scores are horrible and the techs aren't trained.

1) Is this stuff your assuming would be covered under a factoy warrenty?

2) What is the factory warrently entale?

3) Its GM, what did you expect? Not being a dick, but when I got by V, I know what it was, a shiney mallet. Nothing more. You got the new and improved shiny sledge hammer. If you wanted a swiss watch, you should have bought something from Switzerland.

4)*edit* you called it!

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1850175&postcount=70

1. It should be covered. Half of the issues have TSBs.

2. Already covered above.

3. I expected two things. A. That my car NOT sound like a Cavalier with 100k miles on it. And B. Good service. Both are reasonably attainable.

4. I don't hate the car. I like it a lot, and it grows on me daily. I do hate the service I received at Capitol Cadillac. So no hunting yet.

His being upset makes sense then, especially with this

Pretty much, and GM typically pays the claims without much question unless you are just being stupid.

1. It should be covered. Half of the issues have TSBs.

2. Already covered above.

3. I expected two things. A. That my car NOT sound like a Cavalier with 100k miles on it. And B. Good service. Both are reasonably attainable.

4. I don't hate the car. I like it a lot, and it grows on me daily. I do hate the service I received at Capitol Cadillac. So no hunting yet.

Try a different dealer- see how it goes.

Seems like Cordell aussi can help?

Try a different dealer- see how it goes.

Seems like Cordell aussi can help?

Yeah, that's the route I'm going to take. But I'm going to wait a bit. There are a couple minor mods I was holding off until I had a dealership look at the car; nothing related to the issues, just LEDs and a shifter. I think I'll do them first and then pursue this further.

Really sounds like a poorly run shop, with poor management that isn't pushing their techs to be productive. Makes me wonder what their GM training and CSI looks like in that shop, I bet their scores are horrible and the techs aren't trained.

wouldnt shock me if they have bad numbers. We actually do really good on CSI at Jeff Schmitt. We always try to fix anything we can and up sell. I remember I applied at Capitol and they never called me back. lol

It sucks, because back when they were on Sawmill as Crestview they rocked. I loved their service.

And even when they moved to 161 it went down but wasn't *bad*.

But ever since the change to Capitol - its like ghetto in that service dept.

Yeah Crestview was good.

Got a chance to really flog the V last weekend. I was impressed with how well it did for a 4200lb car with cushy rubber suspension bushings. The front click is back though. Going to fix it myself this time when the snows go on.

that was my impression of the car as well. it felt much more 'planted' than my GT500 did, and i owned and drove both cars at the same time. my V was an auto, but i felt it put the power down better than the more powerful stang. i couldn't imagine the new V with that 8 speed auto.

and the brakes on the caddy were the some of the best i've experienced in any car. i couldn't explain it. they never faded on me, the feel of the pedal and responsive-ness of the braking was incredible.

sounds like you're having some 'ticky-tac' annoying things with the car. my advice is to save your warranty for catastrophic issues with the car and fix any of the small, inexpensive stuff on your own. you can get an amazing amount of information off cadillacforums. are you really that surprised you know much more about the car than the dealer techs, from a couple weeks/months of research?

enjoy it while the roads are in good shape. if i lived in columbus, i'm not sure i would have gotten rid of my V

Not a day goes by that I don't think of having gotten with Trey to buy your old car instead of the S4. :fuuuu::fuuuu:

the catback i had on the car was loud as hell---super annoying, drone, etc. when i put the stock catback on the car and drove it 8 hours to columbus, it was like sitting on an 80mph silk couch, getting a bj from a supermodel, while eating a morton's porterhouse. i almost kept the car

but i need awd

that was my impression of the car as well. it felt much more 'planted' than my GT500 did, and i owned and drove both cars at the same time. my V was an auto, but i felt it put the power down better than the more powerful stang. i couldn't imagine the new V with that 8 speed auto.

This does continue to surprise me. I've driven cars with MUCH less torque that demanded a light touch on the throttle. Hell, the BRZ blows the rear off really easily. But I can be really heavy on the throttle with the V and all it does is squirm. I'd think it had less torque than it does, if it wasn't for the fact that it gets all that weight moving so quickly.

and the brakes on the caddy were the some of the best i've experienced in any car. i couldn't explain it. they never faded on me, the feel of the pedal and responsive-ness of the braking was incredible.

Same. I always felt I had plenty of brake. And the times I had to ask for more braking force, it delivered amazingly. Despite the weight and squidgy suspension, I'm really seeing how this car pulled off a sub 8 minute 'Ring time.

sounds like you're having some 'ticky-tac' annoying things with the car. my advice is to save your warranty for catastrophic issues with the car and fix any of the small, inexpensive stuff on your own. you can get an amazing amount of information off cadillacforums. are you really that surprised you know much more about the car than the dealer techs, from a couple weeks/months of research?

I was hoping...

As for forums, I've been happier with CTSVOwners.com. CadillacForums.com lacks the specific focus.

enjoy it while the roads are in good shape. if i lived in columbus, i'm not sure i would have gotten rid of my V

It'll be interesting in the snow. I need to start thinking about getting tires before the rush...