John Wick - SPOILER ALERT FOR ELI. WATCH OUT, ELI...SPOILERS INSIDE!1!!1

zeitgeist57

I truly hope this is something that is resolved, and at the very least, now that addressed, it is squashed.

Geeto was pretty clear on his stance, Joe.

I offer no apology.

I feel it pertinent to point out that my offense is not contrived. I did not read Geeto's referenced Wiki page on the colloquialism, nor did I do any research on my point. I KNOW about the racist undertones, because in times past I have felt wrong about such things, and looked into them. My explanation was based on my own personal experiences. You that know me won't be surprised that I am knowledgeable about things like this, because, well, I'm weird and I remember history shit like this. To wit; Geeto's assertion that "calling a spade a spade" also carries no racial bias is likewise incorrect. It may have originally been meant by the Greeks of old simply to refer to something by it's rightful name, but even that is doubtful. To imply that in every instance of it's use, no slight was intended is laughable. While it's use may have predated the word "spade" as a racial reference, the only places I have heard that phrase uttered in MY time on this planet have been around a card table, delivered with a wink and a nod, and most certainly not in mixed company (as far as the speakers knew at the time, at least). Regardless, current societal interpretations trump origin meanings in 10 out of 10 personal conversations. I double dog dare you to spend any time around any black men around the age of 50 and use that phrase. (The younger gen may not get it, because they are far more blunt, and just drop the "n" word like whatevs)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found Ms Perkins mole quite distracting.

Honestly didn't notice. When she was executed, I cringed because I would worry that the shooters would've hit each other in the crossfire if they weren't careful.

Also, thank you for bringing this thread back on topic.:thumbup:

The law analogy was spectacular. Orion, you get an A.

Mojoe, you've been on point recently, and definitely in this thread. 10/10

Drewhop, you summarized in about 25 words what DJ needed three pages to say. You get one Adriana Lima and a Charlotte McKinney

Geeto67, you have got to lighten up dude. We get it, you're smart and shit. But the internet is about memes of cats, not your wisdom. I'm sure you're very wise. We don't care when you're trying to tell us how wise you are. Getting beat up on by DJ and Eli isn't such a bad thing; you now share something in common with yours truly. CR loves a good comeback story; some back as the more humble, less pompous, new and improved Geeto67 and I bet you'll eventually be welcomed with open arms. In the meantime, I am awarding you 5 Mr. Schnauzies. Sorry, you deserve them.

The law analogy was spectacular. Orion, you get an A.

Mojoe, you've been on point recently, and definitely in this thread. 10/10

Drewhop, you summarized in about 25 words what DJ needed three pages to say. You get one Adriana Lima and a Charlotte McKinney

I love boobs. Thanks man.

Oh and John wick is badass.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w392/uummm1/Mobile%20Uploads/Cat-memes-selfie-yolo-swag_zpskrteflik.jpeg

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w392/uummm1/Mobile%20Uploads/Cat-meme_004_zpsrjvbi76u.jpeg

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w392/uummm1/Mobile%20Uploads/Cat-meme_002_zpse99gyukj.jpeg

Wait wait wait.... "The pot calling the kettle black" is racist? I'm going to assume there's some post history that would indicate that interpretation in this instance. There's no way I can accept it's a racist statement.

I was wondering the same thing.

Wait wait wait.... "The pot calling the kettle black" is racist? I'm going to assume there's some post history that would indicate that interpretation in this instance. There's no way I can accept it's a racist statement.

there is no post history for this....

member who doesn't like me + personal hypersensitivity to the phrase = nasty jump to accusation.

his entire argument is predicated that I have to be sensitive to his hypersensitivity despite the fact there is no way on heaven and earth I could have known about it ahead of time, and oh by the way his hypersensitivity isn't really a hypersensitivity because of his personal life experience which is also not known to me.

Poor timing and his response also played a factor: he happened to jump in right when Eli was at peak dick (and he usually causes a dogpile) and his response was a threat (albeit now known to be not credible). At the end of the day the only thing I got out of this was disappointment that someone I thought was an intellectual member here is just more of the same CR bullshit in a slightly different wrapper. Still this is just the internet and all could change in real life so not really a big deal.

there is no post history for this....

member who doesn't like me + personal hypersensitivity to the phrase = nasty jump to accusation.

This video is three years old. I think it clearly illustrates the racist inclination of this statement.