Should Geeto Be Banned?

Mr. Jones

Yes or no  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

No he does not need to be banned. Let him have a differing opinion and continue to voice it...we need winter entertainment.

On that note, FREE GABE. :cool:

-Marc

Even though this guy is a complete douchecanoe...I'm sticking with my original vote. We cannot ban people for having a different opinion and voicing it.

-Marc

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could or couldn't?

You'll go crazy around here with this one. It's sad really.

Not to interrupt a public banning, but the emphasis is supposed to be on the "could", in a sarcastic tone, as if one were pondering. Though yes, if you are being completely literal, "couldn't" is the proper term.

It's "I could care less ..."

(As if one would have to make an earnest attempt to actually care less).

On topic, I voted no. I do find his posts didactic, pretentious, or arrogant on occasion. Though I suppose my first paragraph could be read in such a way.

Ignore button?

Not to interrupt a public banning, but the emphasis is supposed to be on the "could", in a sarcastic tone, as if one were pondering. Though yes, if you are being completely literal, "couldn't" is the proper term.

It's "I could care less ..."

(As if one would have to make an earnest attempt to actually care less).

On topic, I voted no. I do find his posts didactic, pretentious, or arrogant on occasion. Though I suppose my first paragraph could be read in such a way.

Ignore button?

Clearly both are accepted, but I prefer the original.

The main problem, for me, is that I think that those using it want to use the original couldn't, but are just using it wrong. They aren't going for sarcasm, they're describing the level of their care. That's my opinion and basis for why I prefer the original.

http://dictionary.reference.com/help/faq/language/g09.html

http://blog.dictionary.com/could-care-less/

The main problem, for me, is that I think that those using it want to use the original couldn't, but are just using it wrong. They aren't going for sarcasm ...

That's fair enough. I'm only sensitive to it because I've been "corrected" before, and lacked the motivation to bother with an explanation.

Clearly both are accepted, but I prefer the original.

The main problem, for me, is that I think that those using it want to use the original couldn't, but are just using it wrong. They aren't going for sarcasm, they're describing the level of their care. That's my opinion and basis for why I prefer the original.

http://dictionary.reference.com/help/faq/language/g09.html

http://blog.dictionary.com/could-care-less/

I could(n't) care less.

Is anyone really fucking considering this? Please list all the names that voted "yes" so that I may berate and ridicule your tiny, raw pussies until you finally understand how stupid that is on multiple levels. Fuck's sake... :rolleyes:

I'm giving you all the "I'm very disappointed in you 'Dad-look' right now".

Is anyone really fucking considering this? Please list all the names that voted "yes" so that I may berate and ridicule your tiny, raw pussies until you finally understand how stupid that is on multiple levels. Fuck's sake... :rolleyes:

You have a Pontiac vibe, a non running old supra and a rav4 in your sig on a car racing site.

what to know real irony?

you do all sorts of stuff that leads to crap like this:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124131

and you want to ban a guy who doesn't break any forum rules and tries to get people engaged into intelligent discussions because you don't like his "tone"

just saying.....

What to know real irony?

English much?

If I do all sorts of stuff leading to that, please provide examples. Unless that is too hard for a lawyer who thinks he is of supreme Court Justice level, in that case have a nice day.

Edit: where did I say I "didn't like your tone"

More false accusations from you, let me guess, it is to enhance your point again? Kind of like when you came into Chatbox saying mechanics made "close to minimum wage"

If I do all sorts of stuff leading to that, please provide examples. Unless that is too hard for a lawyer who thinks he is of supreme Court Justice level, in that case have a nice day.

nah I'm lazy....results speak for themselves. have a nice day!

I voted yes and could not care less :fa: