2013 cadillac ats 2.0 turbo awd ? good or junk?

coleyounger3

I don't care for them, its just a Malibu turbo engine mounted longitudinal with awd

Before it was "just a Malibu engine" it was the cobalt ss engine, and also the Solstice GXP and Sky Redline engine, all mounted longitudinally. I've always heard very positive things about them.

Edited by spankis

Before it was "just a Malibu engine" it was the cobalt ss engine, and also the Solstice GXP and Sky Redline engine, all mounted longitudinally. I've always heard very positive things about then.

Its actualley not the same motor. The 2.0T they used in the Cobalt SS, Redline, and Solstice was the LNF. The motor they use in the Cadillac is the same one used by Buick and the Malibu. It seems to be a good motor though, they had some trouble with them breaking ringslands but they re-called those or put special coverage on them.

Did not know that, thanks.

I can say that I've driven the N/A 2.5 ATS and it was too slow for me.

The N/A 2.5 is kinda slow. The 2.0T malibu moves pretty well, I havent driven it in an ATS though. I guess youll have to test drive it to see..

So the car has been out since 2013 and taken an almost $20K hit in depreciation in that time (an almost 50% drop). Anybody else find that a little unsettling?

No, I'm not surprised at all. American cars seem to lose value more quickly than other brands.

No, I'm not surprised at all. American cars seem to lose value more quickly than other brands.

Yeah but this is a little high even for an American car. The similarly powered Malibu doesn't lose as much value that fast. What most cars lose in five years the ats loses in 2. maybe it takes time to build up a residual value, who knows.

Jay Leno's garage this week is the new CTS-v and ATS-V. I don't know why but Nissan puts a turbo v6 in the GTR that makes good power and I think "nice". Cadillac squeezes 400+ hp out of a v6 in the ATS and all I can think about is "I wonder if that bottom end lifespan is measured in minutes or hours".

I found one with less than 3,000 miles for 21,500. I thought that was a great deal. It's loaded almost to good to pass up

go for it. the depreciation has already occured. you could probably drive it for 3 years and sell it for $19k. its essentially a new car that you're getting for $21k---and its a cadillac. as long as you're going to get the balance of the 5 year drivetrain warranty, i see no issue with this purchase. if you're not going to buy it, point me to the car.

go for it. the depreciation has already occured. you could probably drive it for 3 years and sell it for $19k. its essentially a new car that you're getting for $21k---and its a cadillac. as long as you're going to get the balance of the 5 year drivetrain warranty, i see no issue with this purchase. if you're not going to buy it, point me to the car.

Given your other cars you must own the V lol

Seriously though, if you do get into it I would like to hear your thoughts on living with the CUE system over time. Is it something you get used to?

That's honestly the one thing holding me back from trading in my current V, literally. I just hated it for the few days I'd have one as a loaner and always wondered if it got better as you acclimated to it.