Domestic ricer's

Mojoe

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying I DON'T have some ricer in me, I've got some turbo cars with quite a lot of exhaust noise. But as with most things, moderation is best.

Need a vid of them all under load revving out, too. Always sounds different/better.

For this test, though, I was expecting the Mustang to sound best but found I really liked the Hellcat.

:( But I just like the sound of 6k in my truck....

not sure if everyone looks at me when I run it out in 2nd on the highway because

1. it's a piece of shit

2. they are also gay

3. they just think "look at this foggot revving his engine"

I'm just hitting lift at 6k getting on the highway in my daily. I'm sure people are wtf at a Vibe they expect to see someone's grandpa in revving out to 8400-8500rpm. lol Or, more than likely, give zero shits. :)

Are people even attentive enough drivers these days if they aren't car folk to notice any more? Between texting/infotainment/kids/general despondency I don't feel like much of anything gets noticed on the roads of today. Unless you are in the lane they are trying to move through to get over to the exit ramp.

I was in the minivan with a load of Christmas garlin and shit stacked up and got piped by a Mini S trying to launch from 4,000rpm only to get pissed that he couldn't cut me off trying to merge from the right lane at 161/Olengtangy where the lanes drops down shortly after the light. Probably shocked him that from a dig Satin's Charriot actually moves out well. He prolly hates old people now.

I rev at everyone. Not for any good reason but because I installed a cam that doesn't like to idle under 1200 rpm and the carb likes to load the plugs at idle. It isn't always about you.

I am surprised nobody is bitching about getting/not getting "the wave" considering how this thread is going.

I rev at everyone. Not for any good reason but because I installed a cam that doesn't like to idle under 1200 rpm and the carb likes to load the plugs at idle. It isn't always about you.

I am surprised nobody is bitching about getting/not getting "the wave" considering how this thread is going.

I have a guy in New Albany that also drives a blue track pack S197.

We wave :megusta:

do one finger waves count? I like those kind.

did you see the one I gave you a month ago when you cut me off on 270? Took me a minute to realize it was you (the vanity plate helped)....:p

unfortunately my jeep doesn't do a buck so I couldn't get next to you and wave Hi with the other four.

I have a guy in New Albany that also drives a blue track pack S197.

We wave :megusta:

I drive a wrangler so I wave a lot. In fact I get a little annoyed when the dude in the restored CJ8 on 33 doesn't wave back. That Douche. And yeah I don't care if it is gayer than trying to give the top gun high/low five with your eyes closed in a communal shower in the men's locker room at the YMCA (or whatever gay analogy mojoe had going on).

If I don't rev my fiero the oil pressure gauge goes into the red and the oil light comes on. I am not doing this to impress you I am doing it so my automatic doesn't stall.

Living on the edge

http://img.cache.vevo.com/Content/VevoImages/video/5A8322017593A06A625EF9A6101CCD09.jpg

did you see the one I gave you a month ago when you cut me off on 270? Took me a minute to realize it was you (the vanity plate helped)....:p

unfortunately my jeep doesn't do a buck so I couldn't get next to you and wave Hi with the other four.

HaHa! Brown jeep? Can't recall it entirely. I do somewhat remember something like a Jeep or SUV trying to keep up or something once on my way to Easton :p Flash me next time.

HaHa! Brown jeep? Can't recall it entirely. I do somewhat remember something like a Jeep or SUV trying to keep up or something once on my way to Easton :p Flash me next time.

Green with a brown top 1995 YJ wrangler (square headlights). And I didn't really flip you the bird. Yes it was on the way to Easton.

Depends on the car I guess, but I prefer a wave over a rev (in either direction). Driving a Mustang always had idiots revving the shit out of their cars at me no matter where I drove, in the Dart I tend to get thumbs up and waves while driving, then when I park it attracts dumb rednecks whose uncles '65 Malibu with a 327 will pop wheelies and has never been beat...

...then when I park it attracts dumb rednecks whose uncles '65 Malibu with a 327 will pop wheelies and has never been beat...

At least it doesn't attract very drunk, 40 miles of bad road, cougars in dunkin donuts parking lots. Something my GTO seemed to do in spades for some reason in the late 1990's. Half of them would make a shifting motion (i hope) with their hand while they screamed Gee -Tee -Oh at the top of their lungs at 3:30 in the morning.

Must have been all the patches of black primer over rust - looked just like their flavor of poor life decision.

So you own a Harley? Or your cam has .875+ lift?

Sounds like you have tuning issues.

So you own a Harley? Or your cam has .875+ lift?

Sounds like you have tuning issues.

Actually I think the lift is about .510-.530 so somewhere in that range but it's been a long time since I looked at the cam card. It's a wildly impractical cam for a street car. It also has massive overlap and pulls no vacuum below 2000 rpm. It's a 400 cu pontiac engine so it is also running somewhere between 180 and 230 degrees temp at all times. At one point I had dreams of running F.A.S.T. Class or Pure Stock drags with the car so it has the stock 670 heads acid flowed to the stock intake and a 1969 GTO Judge R.A. III Quadrajet internally flowed and blueprinted to push 825cfm.

It's not a great setup but it runs pretty well. looks bone stock, doesn't ping with 9.5:1 compression and makes about 350hp to the wheels. Idle is set at 800rpm and until it is warmed up it won't hold an idle. I can't seem to get the partial choke settings right so that is where the reving and loading up at stoplights comes from. Also like every single pontiac ever made the timing likes to walk which doesn't help. once the temp is above 180 and the choke is full off the thing doesn't do it anymore.

I do also happen to own a harley, a 1974 ironhead with a magneto, Y cams and a Screaming Eagle carb off of an EVO sporty and drag pipes. It is an ironhead which is to say it has it's own issues.

I'd put that quadjet off to the side, and get some type of carb with 4 corner metering. No reason for something that mild to act like that.

Quads are a pita if you don't know how to tune them. I had one, but I also know one of the best quad guys around to help. Not a fan as I can't tune them.

I'd put that quadjet off to the side, and get some type of carb with 4 corner metering. No reason for something that mild to act like that.

Quads are a pita if you don't know how to tune them. I had one, but I also know one of the best quad guys around to help. Not a fan as I can't tune them.

The nice thing about quadrajunks is they have small primaries with massive secondaries. As long as your foot isn't buried in it the throttle response is great and mileage isn't horrible. When those secondaries do open however it often feels like god kicked you in the ass and told you to git. I'm ok at tuning it but I bought one that had been redone by the carb shop and was on someone's NCMA FAST class car before being swapped onto my engine. It's pretty good when warm but hard to start when cold, further compounded by the fact that the float bowl weeps into the engine.

The problem is I don't really know what to replace it with. I had a Holley on it for a while and it was ok, but didn't look stock and when the timing walked that carb backfired horribly and always melted something. Tri-power has been done to death and honestly $1600 fir an original setup or $2300 for the Barry grant setup is too much to spend, might as well go EFI at that point. I thought about getting a 2x4 manifold and running two of those Webber side draft conversions just for giggles. I've been playing with the dellorto versions on one of my cb750s and the adjustability in the thing is pretty amazing.