Tire suggestions?

vonrottes

Getting around that time of year when I have a lot of extra money and I think it's finally time to upgrade my worn out 225/70r15 and 235/70r16 mismatched tire on my hoopty.

I'm budgeting this to around 1,500-1,600 including $800 I'm spending on new 18x8 wheels.

right now I'm looking at Continental Sport contact 5 tires in a 255/55r18

(255/55 is my target size since I don't want to chance a bent wheel and are the biggest I KNOW I can run)

I just don't want to end up with a crap tire or not the best tire for the money.

Anyways for those that don't know?

The vehicle in question is a 1992 RCSB 2wd S10 with a 5.3L (so it should be putting about 250ish to the rear wheels) it's an auto so, take offs are not THAT aggressive. It is a DD running about 20miles a day to and from work (city and highway) obviously I'll have a crap set of wheels/tires for the winter so I'm just looking at summer tires that won't slide all over the place in the rain. might see a little track action in the summer.(I maybe run a total of 5,000 miles a year so low wear is OK so long as the traction is good)