Homebuyer Question - Radon?

Diamonds

Im just telling you that every house you could possibly go into has radon in it, yours mine, everywhere. Why do radon testers immediately head to the basement and throw a sensor down the sump pump area? Because its there all the time, everyday.

Now when you get a test, to get a true reading living spaces need to be tested as thats where exposure overtime happens, if there is a threatening level of radon.

Im just telling you that every house you could possibly go into has radon in it, yours mine, everywhere. Why do radon testers immediately head to the basement and throw a sensor down the sump pump area? Because its there all the time, everyday.

Now when you get a test, to get a true reading living spaces need to be tested as thats where exposure overtime happens, if there is a threatening level of radon.

I dont disagree with you there, but my house for example has 1500 sq ft of nicely finished basement+ the kids toy room. We are down there EVERY DAY! If its an issue, its an issue.

I am just stating you cant discount it as "Just a scam for money". That is ignorance at its highest level.

I dont disagree with you there, but my house for example has 1500 sq ft of nicely finished basement+ the kids toy room. We are down there EVERY DAY! If its an issue, its an issue.

I am just stating you cant discount it as "Just a scam for money". That is ignorance at its highest level.

If that's the most ignorant thing I'll say, I'm cool with that. And it would have to be, in that I've achieved 'the highest level'. Didn't even try. Thanks for making my future bright.

I guess I'm highly ignorant also...but has he heard the earth is round or that the sun doesn't rotate around the earth.

Again.. it's everywhere..it's been around forever ..money grab

mace

I guess I'm highly ignorant also...but has he heard the earth is round or that the sun doesn't rotate around the earth.

Again.. it's everywhere..it's been around forever ..money grab

mace

When (not if, but when) someone in yoru family gets caner and the doctors diagnose it as comming from radon exposure, just tell them its fake, and its just a money grab. I'm sure they will be sympathetic.

From when i bought our current house a few years ago and doing my research, the majority of radon related cancer is from working in mines, where exposure is way beyong what you would experience in a normal residential setting

Whether or not you believe in the effects of radon I can tell you this. The real estate market (agents, inspectors, and therefore buyers) have all grabbed onto the radon notion and are not letting go. That means if you're trying to sell a home and it's got above a 4.0 level, you're going to be asked to mitigate it. You can tell them that is bullshit all you want, but it won't matter to a buyer, they will want it done.

So Bob, if you're buying, it's better that they already paid for the system. Otherwise you'll just delay paying for one when you try to sell.