Next Steps: Evo 8

Zx2guy19

I know you have all been anxiously awaiting what happened (kidding).

I redid the lines and put new plugs in- runs like a dream....a dream that is extremely pig fucking rich.

It is scheduled for a tune at SlowMo on the 30th. After that, E-85 we go and they're going to retune it for a great price.

I'll let everyone know how it goes!

• 2 weeks later...
Car was tuned today by SlowMotion- it put down 340/356 @22 psi. I had them go conservative because I messed up and had 91 in it and it was a month or two old. It's irrelevant because it's going e85 next month anyway and they're retuning. Just didn't want to switch if the car was running like ass. Picked her up tonight and she runs great!

Drew and Cory took good care of me very well up there. Those are great daily driver numbers. What's the power to cash ratio to go E85? I mean, do you have to drop $1500 more for 40ish wheel HP? What is the life expectancy of current/ stock parts with the added power? This is always my outlook I struggle with.

Good question- the car can run e85 with bigger injectors and fuel pump, both of which already were there when I got it. I did buy a FPR and a high flow fuel rail, although neither are needed (225 for both). The tune is an additional $195 and I'm having them set it up for dual mapping.

I'll raise the boost to 27/28 and be well over 400 for about a $400 investment (since injectors and fuel pump were there).

Thanks guys. Second guesting my high flow rail decision- I'm reading everywhere it's not needed until 500+, I won't be anywhere near that. I can save $150 by sending it back- basically covers the tune. Any opinions?

I make 800+with stock rails I just put 3/8 barb'd ends on. I would not bother!

What's the back story on the car? Does it have some greddy goodies under hood? Wonder if its my buddy's old car we got few years back.

It could be- the guy moved down here from up north (937 area code). Apparently a guy named John/Josh Fox owned it before the PO (Ryan Sheriff)

I make 800+with stock rails I just put 3/8 barb'd ends on. I would not bother!

Good to know man- do you have to weld those on or are there things sold that allow them to convert? I'm adding a fuel pressure regulator so I need to make it work for that.

What's the power to cash ratio to go E85? I mean, do you have to drop $1500 more for 40ish wheel HP? What is the life expectancy of current/ stock parts with the added power? This is always my outlook I struggle with.

May be different for an evo, but on my 1G, it was a matter of going from 880cc injectors to 1600, so after I sold the 880's, I had about another $125 into it, then a walbro 450lph pump for another $150.

(You should already have an AFPR so I don't count that as an extra expense.)

Stock fuel lines.

Stock rail.

Stock filter.

Did 130.75 at 30psi in the 1/4. 3395lbs with me in it. I think that works out to 525whp, which would be closer to 600ish crank. You don't typically need to do too much to the fuel system on these to jump to e85.

Damn that's some big ass injectors. Right now I'm running RC 1000's....hope that's enough. I project I'll be a bit over 400 on E85 pending I up the boost a bit (again, I was at 340/360 at 22 psi on 91 octane)

JP- you have any extra fuel rails welded laying around? :)

Damn that's some big ass injectors. Right now I'm running RC 1000's....hope that's enough. I project I'll be a bit over 400 on E85 pending I up the boost a bit (again, I was at 340/360 at 22 psi on 91 octane)

1600 is overkill. I got a good deal on them, and they gave me room to grow. At 30psi, I think I see low 60's duty cycle, so they have even more room to go.

Not for an Evo No