Costco or Sams Club

Mojoe

Which one do you like  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you like

• Sams Club
    • Costco

Costco here since the summer. Never go back to Sam's. We buy meat at Costco and the quality is great. Choice ribeyes for like 9.49/lb, prime for a few bucks more. Choice is 14.99/lb at kroger, and looks worse than Costco. Really the quality of everything I've bought there is fantastic.

I went to Costco tonight to check them out. Good evaluation from those who have posted. Better, better, and better. Went to the membership counter and went over the options, and I was ready to go. Buuuuuuuut, then it happened. Cash, check, AMEX, or debit card and pin are the only ways to pay. I haven't used my debit pin in forever, and we use Mastercard. This is the only time we have ran into this. I'm not sure I want to change up how I handle money, just to shop some place different. They did say in April they would be accepting Visa, but that doesn't change things for me.

I walked through and checked for the things I normally get at Sams, and compared pricing. From what I saw, Costco was a little less than Sams.

We quit using credit cards all together. With credit in the 800s we don't need to use them. The debit with pin is normal for us. Our Debit cards are Visa and they work there, so I am guessing if you have a MasterCard Debit card it would work. The Visa that is linked above is for credit transactions only. And you better get used to the chip and pin, soon that is the only way you will be able to pay anyway everywhere. (except for contactless payment options) All EMV is changing. Since October if a merchant doesn't have chip and pin in place, the merchant is responsible for the fraudulent charge if one is found. I'm switching everything here in our store, I have 22 VeriFone MX-915 machines in my office ready to be installed in Febuary. This shit has been a pain in my ass for a year now.

We quit using credit cards all together. With credit in the 800s we don't need to use them. The debit with pin is normal for us. Our Debit cards are Visa and they work there, so I am guessing if you have a MasterCard Debit card it would work. The Visa that is linked above is for credit transactions only. And you better get used to the chip and pin, soon that is the only way you will be able to pay anyway everywhere. (except for contactless payment options) All EMV is changing. Since October if a merchant doesn't have chip and pin in place, the merchant is responsible for the fraudulent charge if one is found. I'm switching everything here in our store, I have 22 VeriFone MX-915 machines in my office ready to be installed in Febuary. This shit has been a pain in my ass for a year now.

Correct the Costco credit card in the link will switch to Visa, however all Visa's will be accepted once the change happens and AMEX will no longer be accepted.

My debit is MC and we use it there. I don't go to the ATM anymore and just get cash back whenever I go shopping.