Virginia CHL Reciprocity Change

lag wagon

Just a heads-up for those planning spring vacations.

In case you needed another reason to avoid driving through Virginia, here is a good one.

http://wtvr.com/2015/12/22/concealed-carry-handgun-permits/

RICHMOND, Va. -- Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring announced Tuesday that, starting February 1, the Commonwealth would no longer recognize concealed carry handgun permits from more than two dozen other states. Herring, a Democrat, said the decision was made following a Virginia State Police audit of 30 states whose concealed handgun permits had been considered valid in Virginia.

Ohio (and Florida) are on this list.

and who is VA not to recognize other states carry. A buddy of mine got his VA carry here in OH, do you know what you have to do? Watch a 20min video take a test that you can pull the answers up on another computer, get your fingerprints then send all that in with $100 (i think that's the price). They then do the background check and if you're clean you get your carry.

No shooting..wth

and who is VA not to recognize other states carry. A buddy of mine got his VA carry here in OH, do you know what you have to do? Watch a 20min video take a test that you can pull the answers up on another computer, get your fingerprints then send all that in with $100 (i think that's the price). They then do the background check and if you're clean you get your carry.

No shooting..wth

I think you may be onto something... Is this just a mission to drive up non-resident VA permits? (collecting $100*)

Disqualifying some of these states didn't make any sense to me, for example, in SC we have 8 hours of instruction along with a scored shooting test from multiple distances.