simple 2-car garage update

Smokey

I found the gladiator 24x24 cabinets on woot earlier this year for like $69/ or so. $5 total for shipping. I bought 3. They look awesome. Mounted easy, even to block wall. Have reversible doors. I want more... Garage looks great.

Yeah that a great deal. I'm still eyeing the laminate cabinets from Menards as they'll work fine for what I need and are priced right.

I'm also going to eventually pick up a HF tool box, but those things will hold off for a while so I can make some progress on the FD to get it ready for the track next year.

Buck there are a lot of good plastic tile options. All of the garage journal guys like Racedeck buy it's spendy for sure. I was also worried about water/sludge getting under the tiles and how you'd clean it.

I would honestly pass on the harbor freight tool box. It works for what it is, but if I had to do it all over again, peg boards and cabinets. The tool box isn't big enough to do any decent work on top of and the tools put in it you end up digging to find the right size. Peg boards will free up space to roll around a metal table. Grant it, I'm working with a one car garage doing a back half so a two-car garage won't have any of these issues.

It's a consideration for sure. I was previously working out of a 1-car and tuilized wall mount stuff to maximize the space by hanging my screw drivers and hammers on the wall. I've considered putting pegboard behind the work bench area and may still do that.

The HF box I'm considering is the smaller 26" box. As you can see I've got plenty of vertical space to work with but not a ton of width in front of the cars. I think the 26" is a good compromise that it won't really take up more width than the little craftsman I've got now but would give me extra drawer space to get some things off of my workbench that are on there now.

I have this one and have been happy with it, although I have additional space and other storage in the garage. Without the other cabinets it would have been better to have more drawers at the bottom, but I got a good deal on it too.

http://m.harborfreight.com/tool-storage/tool-carts/five-drawer-service-cart-95272.html