FS - 2005 Mercedes Benz E55 AMG

oh8sti

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I trust you have this posted on MBWorld?

I had mine on the market for a solid 2 months before I decided to just keep it. Market was weird there were ALOT of people that were more than tire kickers in my opinion, but none that ever sealed the deal.

In the end now that I don't have storage space issues I'm glad that we kept ours. For the money I'm not sure there's a better car out there everyone in the market is just deathly afraid of fixing them if something breaks. Ours just turned 75K miles and has been HUGELY reliable and it's been modified since it was brand new.

I had mine on the market for a solid 2 months before I decided to just keep it. Market was weird there were ALOT of people that were more than tire kickers in my opinion, but none that ever sealed the deal.

In the end now that I don't have storage space issues I'm glad that we kept ours. For the money I'm not sure there's a better car out there everyone in the market is just deathly afraid of fixing them if something breaks. Ours just turned 75K miles and has been HUGELY reliable and it's been modified since it was brand new.

Yeah I know how you felt, its honestly the most reliable car I have ever had. Its the perfect balance of power and luxury.

Most people do tire kick, mainly because they are at the very top of their spending range. At least thats what Ive dealt with.

regardless of miles, this car is 11 years old and in Ohio... people have a reason to be concerned about maintenance and repairs...

regardless of miles, this car is 11 years old and in Ohio... people have a reason to be concerned about maintenance and repairs...

I could understand if it were a Tahoe of this year.

These cars just don't age like that. On top of the fact that its been enthusiast owned it whole life, thus being cared for just the same with more documents than probably any car in this site.

Its just like any other car thats being sold. If you are looking for cheap ones, they are out there. If you are looking for the RIGHT one that has documents to prove the level of maintenance and care, they are out there as well. They also happen to be worth much more because there are fewer and fewer clean examples of these as time goes on.

everyone in the market is just deathly afraid of fixing them if something breaks.

I have absolutely no evidence or experience to justify my viewpoint, But the only thing that scares me more then a Mercedes Repair Bill is an AMG repair Bill. Something about those AMG's just screams "Im going to eat your wallet".

I have absolutely no evidence or experience to justify my viewpoint, But the only thing that scares me more then a Mercedes Repair Bill is an AMG repair Bill. Something about those AMG's just screams "Im going to eat your wallet".

It's never given me a hiccup and it's one of the fastest and highest horsepower daily driven cars on this site. I wouldn't hesitate literally driving across the country and back if my heart desired.

It's never given me a hiccup and it's one of the fastest and highest horsepower daily driven cars on this site. I wouldn't hesitate literally driving across the country and back if my heart desired.

I dont doubt it

Just saying, for whatever reason AMG's scare me. Maybe its the fact every last one of them seems to cost almost six figures new.

That said, it sounds like yours is one of the more reliable/reputable models:

http://thegarage.jalopnik.com/this-mercedes-benz-e55-amg-is-a-smart-buy-because-its-s-1733450258

http://thegarage.jalopnik.com/you-can-buy-this-500-hp-amg-e-class-for-80-percent-off-1658117402

If my wife would drive it, I would buy this car in a heartbeat. If I didn't have my S4, I'd buy this car in a heartbeat. Timeless design and style, nearly as clean if not as clean as a new car, has everything one could want in a sedan and IMO is one of the best styles of MBZ out there. Ask the average person what year it is and they either wouldn't know, especially on the exterior or they'd likely say less than 5yrs old.

Repair wise, if you want scarey, think S4. I'm modded, have no warranty, and I'm okay with that. However, if the rear end blows up it's $4k the tranny is $5-7k. Those are the two areas I worry about. Thankfully I'm prepared if they do and don't abuse it. On top of that the 14's are very solid in both regards. Not so with the 2010 to 2012's.

In the end, I just rubbed one out to this car again :p

If my wife would drive it, I would buy this car in a heartbeat. If I didn't have my S4, I'd buy this car in a heartbeat. Timeless design and style, nearly as clean if not as clean as a new car, has everything one could want in a sedan and IMO is one of the best styles of MBZ out there. Ask the average person what year it is and they either wouldn't know, especially on the exterior or they'd likely say less than 5yrs old.

Repair wise, if you want scarey, think S4. I'm modded, have no warranty, and I'm okay with that. However, if the rear end blows up it's $4k the tranny is $5-7k. Those are the two areas I worry about. Thankfully I'm prepared if they do and don't abuse it. On top of that the 14's are very solid in both regards. Not so with the 2010 to 2012's.

In the end, I just rubbed one out to this car again :p

You have a 2014 car and don't have a warranty. :lolguy:

You have a 2014 car and don't have a warranty. :lolguy:

Powertrain is in jeopardy. Not flagged as TD1 but could be if I were to bring it in without flashing it back. Still risky. You gotta play to pay......Would much rather have it as it is vs stock. To get this kind of performance I would have had to buy an S6. Cheaper to mod and roll the dice. Again, 2014's are proving pretty solid. :p

Edited by TTQ B4U