Washer/Dryer

SRTurbo04

Well the dryer in the house finally went out, so now that the dryer went out my wife wants to replace both the dryer and washer with a stackable unit (our laundry room is tight) and remodel that room and replace floors. (YAY ME)

Are there any brands/models to stay away from, and maybe some that people recommend?? Looking to get in the next 7-10 days

:doh:

All I know is stackable means front loader. And I always hear about front loading washers failing, even very expensive ones. You know what hasn't failed, my POS base model kenmore washer I've had for 10 years and paid $200 for. I guess I have nothing good to say except buy the extended warranty.

All I know is stackable means front loader. And I always hear about front loading washers failing, even very expensive ones. You know what hasn't failed, my POS base model kenmore washer I've had for 10 years and paid $200 for. I guess I have nothing good to say except buy the extended warranty.

The one in the house is the original from 2005 never missed a beat until now.

I am not a fan of the stackable earthier but the women does the laundry, and that's what she wants.

Buy cheap Whirlpool 29" models. They all use the same shit inside anyways, the expensive ones just have a whole lot more electronic features that can break. Unless you are putting them on display in your living room to impress people, go cheap.

I can get you discounts on Whirlpool and their brands if you are interested. Just PM me with your email address and I can send you a link.

Buy the cheapest model with the largest capacity available. I've had everything in between for our four person family and we typically do a load a day. Wish we still had the cheapies. They went 10yrs. These new units (front load) are electrical nightmares, not built for the long haul.

If you gotta go front load, just find the best deal you can regardless of brand (but don't buy a Frigidaire washer or dryer under any circumstance). Scratch-n-dent, clearance, special order return, etc is the way to go. Whatever gets the price down.

And definitely get a 5-year warranty.

We had a Samsung front-load washer...for $1400 w/dryer it was absolute garbage. All of the things mentioned above.

Went to a medium-priced top-loader in 2013 and it's been great.

Letting your wife go forward with an unwise purchase after consulting CR for help is a McSteak. Also, having done a 2nd-floor laundry, your choice in stackable appliances is low and not full of good units. Not sure how much utility your wife would get out of 9 sqft of floor space but she's better with standard appliances and shelf space above the units to better utilize the space.

Appliance Smart has always served me well....except when it came to stackable units (not their fault).

Just fix the dryer?

Its old and hooptie, we agreed when one of then crapped out we would just replace them. Just sucks when we just spent some money on fixing some damaged wood near the roof.

Home ownership yay!

Edited by Paul

1. Buy front loading washing machine

2. Go to gym

3. Wash sweaty clothes

4. Smell worse after washing clothes

5. Go on CR

6. Read this post

7. Think about my triceps

8. Buy top loading washer

9. Put washer in kitchen so your wife won't have to walk far to do laundry; save space

10. Enjoy your fresh scent and great life

1. Buy front loading washing machine

2. Go to gym

3. Wash sweaty clothes

4. Smell worse after washing clothes

5. Go on CR

6. Read this post

7. Think about my triceps

8. Buy top loading washer

9. Put washer in kitchen so your wife won't have to walk far to do laundry; save space

10. Enjoy your fresh scent and great life

Laundry room is in the kitchen :fuckyeah:

1. Stop being poor

2. See #1

1. Get Mt. Dew tattoo

2. Cut wrists

1. Get top loading washer

2. Dry clothes in oven

3. Save space and the environment

1a. Working on it

2a. I am looking to buy a front load washing machine. Hence the thread.

1b. Will a Rc Cola tat work?

2b Instead how about a i cut my hair to look like yours?

1c no top loading washer

2c f yea house fire FTW

3c looking for stackable to save space, were on point