Confused on Roots blower.

DSM1290

I feel dumb for asking this but i just don't understand. Can someone explain to me how the fuel makes it through a roots style supercharger. I don't understand how when the carbs mount on top of the blower they make it down past the screws into the rest of the engine. It seems like to me that the screws should "crush" the fuel and lock up the system. I understand the basics of how blowers work and what not. And understand that compression takes place in the intake manifold. But don't get how the fuel gets there. Thanks.

You have to remember that fuel is getting pulled out of the carb and turning into a vapor fairly quickly. I think you may be picturing raw fuel, but raw fuel doesn't burn only the vapor. Now while a carb doesn't do the best job atomizing fuel it's not terrible at it. The roots blower just compresses that mixture and shoves it in the engine. There is still more air then fuel so it will compress without issue.

I think most A/F ratios are in the teens, so that is one part fuel to some-teen parts air and an engine sucks a LOT of air. Over that course the fuel is spread pretty thinly as vapor in the air.

You will be blowing your engine up shortly if your AFs are in the teens with carbs and a blower. Mid 12's is cutting it close.