Furnace/HVAC experts, glow plug

Forrest Gump 9

So we spent the day at the old house cleaning up odd and ends. Came home and the new house is palmy 65 degree. Ran down to check the furnace and everything is cool to the touch and you can hear it running. Reset the unit and still no flame. Open the unit up and clean up some dust and jiggle some wires. Bam, the unit fires right up. I think the glow plug is on it way out. Are there any local place that I can go and buy a glow plug? It looks just like the one below.

https://jet.com/product/detail/1b5c03f461374c95b56515acd58a9e09?jcmp=pla:ggl:hardware_a3:heating_ventilation_air_conditioning_hvac_controls_a3_other:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&k_clickid=60f96ec4-6794-a068-2b8f-00006231d339&abkId=403-160086&gclid=CIn_zLeJssoCFYGDaQodL0AEbA

First step is normally to pull it off and clean it as they can develop a bit of build up. If that doesn't help box stores normally carry some but can be tricky finding yours. A local HVAC guy will be able to get one through whatever Warehouse they belong to, we have atleast 2 on the board I believe. Worse case alot of those items can ship next day.

So we spent the day at the old house cleaning up odd and ends. Came home and the new house is palmy 65 degree. Ran down to check the furnace and everything is cool to the touch and you can hear it running. Reset the unit and still no flame. Open the unit up and clean up some dust and jiggle some wires. Bam, the unit fires right up. I think the glow plug is on it way out. Are there any local place that I can go and buy a glow plug? It looks just like the one below.

https://jet.com/product/detail/1b5c03f461374c95b56515acd58a9e09?jcmp=pla:ggl:hardware_a3:heating_ventilation_air_conditioning_hvac_controls_a3_other:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&k_clickid=60f96ec4-6794-a068-2b8f-00006231d339&abkId=403-160086&gclid=CIn_zLeJssoCFYGDaQodL0AEbA

I think water beds n stuff sells glow plugs.

You don't clean glow plugs....They are ceramic, they are brittle....do not touch or add any cleaner to them.

This guy, listen to him - He's spent the whole morning helping me trouble shoot my AC (for the 2nd or 3rd time in 3 years). Not a better man can be found on all of Columbus Racing :thumbup:

Ugh welcome to my world, my furnace likes to randomly just not work until I fiddle with a few things then its good to go until the next time it decides to just not fire up. Yesterday I watched it fire up the pilot light then the burner came on for about 10 seconds then poof it just shut off. I wish I lived in a cabin with just a wood burning stove sometimes. lol

Ugh welcome to my world, my furnace likes to randomly just not work until I fiddle with a few things then its good to go until the next time it decides to just not fire up. Yesterday I watched it fire up the pilot light then the burner came on for about 10 seconds then poof it just shut off. I wish I lived in a cabin with just a wood burning stove sometimes. lol

Clean your flame sensor, or I can swing by after work and look at it, are you still on the corner of First Street?

Sometimes the heat/flame sensor becomes dirty, if you have one. And in this case, cleaning it can help. I apologize to the hardcore HVAC folk who I've offended by possibly not using the proper HVAC language or by giving incorrect advice... which is possible cuz brain iz old and have trouble memorying.

:fuckyeah:

Ignore my previous advice.

Just jam some logs in there then and put a box fan by the vent.