Save the date: All Midwest Toyota Show

Doc1647545523

I'm sure that we'll make plans as the event grows closer.

As of now, the organizer has asked that I bring multiple cars, which is always a logistical challenge for me. I'm not even sure if I want to stay there overnight vs. go up in an early morning caravan.

I'm sure that we'll make plans as the event grows closer.

As of now, the organizer has asked that I bring multiple cars, which is always a logistical challenge for me. I'm not even sure if I want to stay there overnight vs. go up in an early morning caravan.

I'll be there for sure. Unsure of what I'm driving, most likely my wagon if I trust it to make the drive at that point.

Im going to contact them soon and see if they have made arrangements with any hotel locally for a discounted rate, ill update with what they say

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I'm Ray the event organizer. Thank you Doc for putting this up here. I've been trying to sign up here but some system glitches had kept me from getting through till now.

Anyways, please everyone, if you know you are free that weekend and plan to make it, register ahead of time. I understand it's a solid 6 months out, but if you know you're down, go ahead and sign up. I'm working overtime now to try and attract sponsors to help add "value" to the show. Being a first time event it's quite difficult as you can imagine. By having more concrete attendance numbers will help out tremendously.

Also, if anyone here knows of any businesses that would be interested in contributing to the show, please direct them my way. I am looking for any support, monetary or otherwise. Product donations would be great to as I'm trying to organize a raffle as well as goodie bags if I can get the proper support.

So far this entire show is been pushed forward with my own money - as well as from a few early registrations. Any and all "proceeds" received will go directly into added features to the show to enhance the experience of it. Anyways questions or suggestions, check out the site as listed above. http://www.midwesttakeover.net

Thanks, Ray

Oh also, if anyone has any connections to any media outlet, whether it be a print magazine or an online one, or any kind of media source that would be interested in providing coverage of the show, please direct them my way as well. As sponsors take in consideration of how much exposure an event would have for their decision to sponsor. Thanks again.

Thanks for posting to the thread, Ray. There are a pretty good number of CR people planning on going. I urge anyone considering it to register now, as Ray asked, to help show support and make this a successful meet. It's only $15. :p

I've been a little slow thinking this all through ..... there are a few good media connected members here, and I'll ask them if they would consider involvement with this. Also, CR has some great vendor/sponsors, and I'll also approach them tomorrow to see if they'll lend support.

I can't imagine how much work this is to organize, Ray. It will be great to have one of the big import meets so close to central Ohio. :thumbup:

Hey Doc

http://www.midwesttakeover.net/uploads/7/0/1/3/70130005/2016_atom_sponsors.pdf

that is the PDF of the sponsorship packages I've worked out. If you have potential suiters, please forward the information to them. I will add paypal payment method on that sheet and update it later this evening. atom.car.show@gmail.com is the address if you wish to go ahead and send "gift/donation". I will send you receipt afterwards. Thanks again Doc, you are great help.

OH is showing strong right now, so far we have the highest # of people coming from the buckeye state. anyways, perhaps a bit premature, but talked to Doc after this year's show we can consider alternating venues for future show(s) to the Columbus area, but still early and we'll have to see how this one turns out first. thanks to you guys for spreading the words.

OH is showing strong right now, so far we have the highest # of people coming from the buckeye state. anyways, perhaps a bit premature, but talked to Doc after this year's show we can consider alternating venues for future show(s) to the Columbus area, but still early and we'll have to see how this one turns out first. thanks to you guys for spreading the words.

If moved to the Columbus area I think I could probably get my dealer to be a supporter.

• 4 months later...

Just a reminder: you need to pre-register to attend this event. There is no entry on the day of the event without prior registration.

The $25 fee (per car) includes food and drink. For now, it also includes a t-shirt. The organizer contacted me last night and said there was a lot of interest from Columbus, but not many paid registrations.

http://www.midwesttakeover.net

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Just a little bump for this, we are currently inching closer to 100 cars for the show. Most representing from MI, but OH guys are second...with the rest coming from IL, IN, ON and even MO & WI. It's gonna be a big one. Just about 3 weeks left till show time and we are still accepting online registration. Includes food/drink. We also have a charity raffle added since I last posted here, with lots of prizes so chance to win something cool and donate to a good cause.

website is still http://www.midwesttakeover.net and i'm working on a few surprises, hopefully I can pull it off because...well they're cool enough for me to mention them. Anyways, if you hadn't signed up, make sure you do in the next few days, i'm tentatively closing registration on 8/14 for logistical purposes, so if you plan to come - and hopefully by now you have an idea about your weekend schedule, please go ahead and sign up before it's too late. Limited space left so show day entry is VERY LIMITED, wouldn't want you to drive all the way up only to park in the parking lot and spectate.

Looking forward to seeing some of you!

Registration closes tomorrow! :eek:

Your $15 registration fee includes lunch. I've talked to a number of CR members planning to attend but I don't see their names on the roster yet. As Ray mentioned above, show day entry will be very limited.

I'll be leaving from the Hangout early on Sunday (think 5:30 a.m.), but others will caravan to Michigan at various times Saturday and Sunday. It's time to get registered and begin planning.

Hope to see you there. ;)

Edited by Doc