I met Antonin Scalia and talked to him for 45 minutes and want you all to know it

Geeto67

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That character in the movie was meant to represent elite-ism of ivy league schools and how it values routine over true knowledge...If you really think about it Will is actually the embodiment of the "know it all" of that movie but because he is the main character he is "likeable". by someone's standards everyone is a douchebag in that film and If you want to discuss the themes of good will hunting I'm open to that. It is a hell of a lot more interesting than reading people's own fictional versions of how they think the judicial system works in this country.

If I am the pony tail wearing dude, then by assumption you think of yourself as will hunting. Well if you remember Robin Williams conversation with will about his "intelligence", Will was all book learnin' and no real experience. IE on any given subject he was not sharing true intelligence just regurgitating what he read. If that is who you want to be represented as, someone basically talking out of their ass with no real life experience, I don't object.

I'm going to start translating what you've said into what you've actually said:

I'd like to say some semi-intellectual things about the movie you referenced in the hopes that it will distract everyone from the fact that I don't really know what I'm doing. I'm the dog flying the helicopter upside down. Now I'm going to accuse you of thinking that you're some genius so that hopefully you get defensive and forget what we were talking about, which is that I don't know the difference between a bench trial and a jury trial. I like to talk in circles and put punctuation on the outside of quotation marks, which is a really subtle way of showing people I'm wrong yet again.

I'm going to start translating what you've said into what you've actually said:

what I actually said was...wow you didn't even understand "Good Will Hunting" and you are just as much a know it all as I am. But I did it in a polite way.

tell you what....When I start telling you how to interpret people's dreams about them wanting to fuck their mothers feel free to use your "actual" knowledge to prove me wrong.

what I actually said was...wow you didn't even understand "Good Will Hunting" and you are just as much a know it all as I am. But I did it in a polite way.

tell you what....When I start telling you how to interpret people's dreams about them wanting to fuck their mothers feel free to use your "actual" knowledge to prove me wrong.

If he can destroy you this easily on your area of "expertise" then God help you should you attempt to engage him in his.

Back to the translator we go...

I'm really backed into a corner here, guys. None of my usual tricks are working! I'm going desperate mode here and I'm going to insult your job in a last ditch effort to throw you off my trail. I hope this works. I'm kind of decompensating so a lot of what I am saying is coming out as rambling gibberish. Please leave me alone now, k?

I just can't compete with the fantasy world some of the members here live in, so they are always going to win. Why let intelligence or facts get in the way of a feel good fiction.

It must be very lonely being the only one not in the fantasy world that you claim some of the members here live in. Your perception of intelligence and what you take as "fact", in nothing more than what you look into or are exposed to. Your insistent need to be right, even when contradicting yourself, screams of your insecurities. Again, a very lonely feeling. I hope you're having a good day.

It must be very lonely being the only one not in the fantasy world that you claim some of the members here live in. Your perception of intelligence and what you take as "fact", in nothing more than what you look into or are exposed to. Your insistent need to be right, even when contradicting yourself, screams of your insecurities. Again, a very lonely feeling. I hope you're having a good day.

I'm not the only one, I'm just the only one willing to climb into the monkey cage and throw the feces back. why? probably because it's fun. it will stop being fun at some point, and then you guys can get back to not having your world views challenged.

and it isn't so much me being right (which I do happen to be in this case) it's just to see how many times you guys are going to keep responding. this thread goes on for 5 pages and really the only thing of value we get from it are how many people don't know who a supreme court justice is or what he/she does, how little they understand about their own government and judicial system, and how far despite these limitations the lengths they are willing to go to tell me I'm wrong. It's fascinating.

I just want to hug you man. You're hitting me right in the feels. I want it to be better.

man hugs for everybody!!!!!

shit, what am I doing on this forum I'm on staycation. I'll see you guys tomorrow when I check in to count how may replies there are.

I'm not the only one, I'm just the only one willing to climb into the monkey cage and throw the feces back. why? probably because it's fun. it will stop being fun at some point, and then you guys can get back to not having your world views challenged.

and it isn't so much me being right (which I do happen to be in this case) it's just to see how many times you guys are going to keep responding.

Which point are you correct on? You've spun/diverted so many times in this thread you'lol have to be more specific.

And you don't keep responding because we are. You're responding because you NEED to have the last word.

Applies to many. It's a like a bunch of cackling hens in here.

http://multilingualbooks.com/wp/soundandvision/files/2014/09/let-it-go-frozen.png

Oh, you're one to talk. How many novel-esque replies have you bestowed upon CR?

The answer: too many

I don't get the hate for well informed, educated responses, being uncool... You may not agree, but I'm not going to attack someone for putting in time on the board, after all isn't that what we are here for? I don't want to read a thread that is:

Nice!

Awesome!

:fuckyeah:

Stupid!

Oh, you're one to talk. How many novel-esque replies have you bestowed upon CR?

The answer: too many

Brb, HAI GUYS I GOT A NEW AUDI S4

Hai did ya hear about my Audi S4

So um guiz, what do ya think about my Audi S4

Yea those Audi S4's sure are cool, oh wait I own one!

Ever hear the story about this middle aged cuck with ashy knees that bought

An Audi S4? Well, it's about me!

Audi s4 Audi S4 Audi S4

Brb, HAI GUYS I GOT A NEW AUDI S4

Hai did ya hear about my Audi S4

So um guiz, what do ya think about my Audi S4

Yea those Audi S4's sure are cool, oh wait I own one!

Ever hear the story about this middle aged cuck with ashy knees that bought

An Audi S4? Well, it's about me!

Audi s4 Audi S4 Audi S4

My wife is an an attorney and I need to tell you how I feel about this so here are some WORDS AND MORE WORDS AND SOME MORE WORDS AND LOTS OF LETTERS PUT TOGETHER FOLLOWED BY WORDS AND MORE WORDS AND SOME MORE WORDS AND LOTS OF LETTERS PUT TOGETHER FOLLOWED BY WORDS AND MORE WORDS AND SOME MORE WORDS AND LOTS OF LETTERS PUT TOGETHER FOLLOWED BY WORDS AND MORE WORDS AND SOME MORE WORDS AND LOTS OF LETTERS PUT TOGETHER FOLLOWED BY WORDS AND MORE WORDS AND SOME MORE WORDS AND LOTS OF LETTERS PUT TOGETHER FOLLOWED BY WORDS AND MORE WORDS AND SOME MORE WORDS AND LOTS OF LETTERS PUT TOGETHER FOLLOWED BY WORDS AND MORE WORDS AND SOME MORE WORDS AND LOTS OF LETTERS PUT TOGETHER FOLLOWED BY WORDS AND MORE WORDS AND SOME MORE WORDS AND LOTS OF LETTERS PUT TOGETHER FOLLOWED BY WORDS AND MORE WORDS AND SOME MORE WORDS AND LOTS OF LETTERS PUT TOGETHER FOLLOWED BY WORDS AND MORE WORDS AND SOME MORE WORDS AND LOTS OF LETTERS PUT TOGETHER FOLLOWED BY WORDS AND MORE WORDS AND SOME MORE WORDS AND LOTS OF LETTERS PUT TOGETHER FOLLOWED BY WORDS.