Hardwood Floor Refinishing

Sparky

I'm moving into a new place here soon and was thinking about getting the floors refinished. They are in pretty decent shape but the wife wants them darker and there is one spot that has issues (about 2x3').

My initial thought was to do it myself but I'm wondering if it is worth all the time it would take me to get it done.

The hardwood spans about 1300 sq ft by rough estimates. Anyone had their floors done or know roughly the price per square foot? We haven't taken possession for someone to come through and get any estimates.

Also my assumption is you cannot just fix a spot of the floor as it will end up not matching. Therefore the entire floor needs done. Thoughts?

In my opinion not worth the effort. We had our house done before we moved in and changed the color as well. Similar square feet and was around $1/sq ft. I can't remember the name offhand as it was back in 2013 but I can check my records if you want.

Most places wont give estimated over the phone without looking at it. I had Tim from http://www.gahannawoodfloors.com/ refinish mine before we moved in. Hes a bit of an odd duck but did a good job. Wasn't super fast but Im happy overall. The price was good. I think around $1.25/

In my opinion not worth the effort. We had our house done before we moved in and changed the color as well. Similar square feet and was around $1/sq ft. I can't remember the name offhand as it was back in 2013 but I can check my records if you want.

I would appreciate it if you could look and see as long as they did a good job. For $1500 I'm happy to pay someone to take care of it. What I had read previously was expecting $2-3 per square foot and at that price it is worth doing it myself.

Most places wont give estimated over the phone without looking at it. I had Tim from http://www.gahannawoodfloors.com/ refinish mine before we moved in. Hes a bit of an odd duck but did a good job. Wasn't super fast but Im happy overall. The price was good. I think around $1.25/

This guy quoted me $3.25/sq ft over the phone.

Still calling around.

I've got quotes of $1.80 for buffing and recoating with poly, and $3.00/$3.25 for complete refinish.

Can you share the companies with me? I'm needing this too, and Derek's contact is no go, hasn't returned any of my calls/texts.

The only quote I can match to a number was for the buffing. I've had to leave messages everywhere and when they called back they didn't mention who they were with. Nor did I ask after I heard $3+. The buffing guy is Greg at 614-895-0903. VM says it's a carpet cleaning company.