Reseal blacktop

BBQdDude

FYI, I used a Home Depot "Airport-Grade" sealer and rubber heat-to-spread crack filler on my asphalt driveway last fall...and this weak winter has destroyed the coating. I powerwashed and spot-treated it as well beforehand.

It was an easy job and I had fun doing it...but I'll avoid that route from now on as at least the companies that do a hot-coat of sealer seem to last a few years.

FYI, I used a Home Depot "Airport-Grade" sealer and rubber heat-to-spread crack filler on my asphalt driveway last fall...and this weak winter has destroyed the coating. I powerwashed and spot-treated it as well beforehand.

It was an easy job and I had fun doing it...but I'll avoid that route from now on as at least the companies that do a hot-coat of sealer seem to last a few years.

Interesting. I used the same stuff and my coating seems to be holding up just fine. Do you use ice melt? Did you mix it well before using it?

You need it done now? In the Spring a guy rolls around my neighborhood and does several homes. I had him fill cracks. He edges and everything. Think it was $60.

I know, we get companies doing that here. However the second i mention fill cracks they say it will have to wait another day.

Do it now? I know it can not be done in this temperature. I am looking to have someone lined up and ready to go so I am not in the back log. I am selling my house in May so having it lined up will help keep stress away when it comes down to the final days pre sale.

what gets me is I have talked to six companies. Stated the above to them. They all have said no worries you will get a call back in a day to review and have them come give an estimate. Not one call back has happened.