Does anyone know how to get rid of a unibody once you've parted it out?

williaty

take it to the shredder off of Frank rd. You must have a title, Edison will also take it with a title. If you don't have a title in your name you may be in a pickle, and will have to do something else. Do you have the title in your name?

I can get the title in my name no problem.

What I CAN'T do is tow it anywhere. I have NO way to move it once it can't drive under its own power.

Since the price of scrap is so low, I am not surethat you will get it towed away without paying for that service. If someone does tow it, they will most likely need a title, and probably in your name. The craigslist deal may be good for you, maybe somebody will come pick it up for free. I would guess that Edison or other scrap places would pick it up for a fee with the title in your name of course. Cutting it up is messy and time consuming and sawzall blades are not cheap.

I can get the title in my name no problem.

What I CAN'T do is tow it anywhere. I have NO way to move it once it can't drive under its own power.

At this point start calling places like pick n pull and asking if they can pick up a titled shell. wont know for sure till you pick up the phone.

A few years ago with scrap at over $200 per ton, yes that would be the case. Now it is about 2 cents a pound. If it is stripped, and an older car that has no value, then it won't bring any parts money for the yard. It may weigh 1500 lbs, so the question is do you think a recycler will pay a tow truck driver to come to your house and pick up your junk for possibly $30?