WTB Tick performance master cylinder.

98WS6

Before I pull the trigger and buy new I'd try to see if anyone here has a Tick Performance Clutch Master cylinder for the FBody's. I'm sick of the sticking pedal and my clutch not disengaging 100%.

I have one in each car, works great. Mine's not for sale.

I keep hearing great things about it. Only concern I've been told is they are a pain to bleed properly and have a hard time mounting them.

I keep hearing great things about it. Only concern I've been told is they are a pain to bleed properly and have a hard time mounting them.

From what i have read, its a bad slave cylinder seal that allows dust and dirt into the fluid. I have the same problem where the clutch sticks to the floor but my fluid was filthy. I have just bled the fluid and hope it cures my issue. Ill suck the master dry and keep the fluid clean as preventative.

http://www.rangeracceleration.com/Clutch_Care.html

I think it bled much easier then a stock master/slave. I have no complaints at all, that's why I put one in my Vette.

It's not like it's really easy to mount the stock one so saying it's hard to mount the Tick..meh

Did you do the drill mod to your stock master? I always ran a stock unit and never had issues after I did the drill mod.

No, I swapped my car from auto to stick so I never had a stock master in mine. Having driven stock f-bodies I was not impressed anyway and skipped it.

No, I swapped my car from auto to stick so I never had a stock master in mine. Having driven stock f-bodies I was not impressed anyway and skipped it.

I'm sure the tick piece is nice. I never had issues with mine and beat the shit out of it with no issues. Before I drilled it my clutch would stick to the floor. Pretty sure gm designed the mc that way so people would break their shit.

Ive done the drill mod to mine and have replaced the factory with a advanced special and ever since the swap its always had a sticky pedal. I just recently found that when reving the engine high the car creeps forward and not releasing the clutch. I have also done the mighty vac bleed from the M/C ive let it sit with 12lbs for a good while. Never dropped below 13lbs. so I dont think there is a leak. One of the guys at my second job said that seals in the master cylinder could be bypassing fluid. from what i read is the 01+ CMC is a better design that the 98-2000 models that did not have the sticky pedal issues. Edited by 98WS6

I'm guessing it's a bad slave cylinder. Have you bled it at the slave or just vacuum?

Just vacuum through the CMC with a mighty vac. If I had a bad slave wouldn't it leak and give me fluid spots at the trans and bell housing. It never did this until I installed a new CMC. I'm not to far from taking it to Wyler or a local shop and having them bleed it from the slave. I'd bleed it myself but the cutting the hole in the floor is stopping me from doing so

Just vacuum through the CMC with a mighty vac. If I had a bad slave wouldn't it leak and give me fluid spots at the trans and bell housing. It never did this until I installed a new CMC. I'm not to far from taking it to Wyler or a local shop and having them bleed it from the slave. I'd bleed it myself but the cutting the hole in the floor is stopping me from doing so

If the slave was leaking you would see fluid in or around the bell housing. I'm guessing there is still air in the mc. I always bled mine by hand out of the car. It's a pain in the ass but youd be surprised how many little air bubbles still come out even when the peddle gets firm. Have you tried bleeding it on the transmission? If you drive the car hard a new clutch setup may be in order to.

If the slave was leaking you would see fluid in or around the bell housing. I'm guessing there is still air in the mc. I always bled mine by hand out of the car. It's a pain in the ass but youd be surprised how many little air bubbles still come out even when the peddle gets firm. Have you tried bleeding it on the transmission? If you drive the car hard a new clutch setup may be in order to.

I dont drive the car hard because of the issue. Always double clutching between shifts, there is no fluid between the trans and housing though. Half tempted to take it do a dealership or find someone with a vacuum bleeder.