Lettuce discuss shocks

Cordell

I am currently debating what shocks and possibly springs to buy for my Camaro. I wasn't going to buy them just yet but upon disassembly of other parts it has become obvious that the stock ones are well past done and i shouldn't put it off.

Those who know me know that I do not cheap out at all when I am buying stuff for my cars especially my Camaro. I'm sure I know of about everything out there for the car but I can't make up my mind. It has to be quality, and I really want some adjustability. The car will see drag strip, but mostly street duty. I have the Corvette to autocross so I don't need another corner carver, but I certainly don't want to give up what it is capable of now.

Parts I'm considering, Viking double adjustable coilovers, Qa1 single adjustables (def a good deal at work), Koni SA yellows and buy springs later.

The KYB AGX are okay, but seem like a compromise. Afcos are really nice but pricey and I don't want it set up soley for drag racing.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Yeah I having read anything good about QA1, really just about the same cost as Vikings if I buy them through work.

I guess it comes down to if I want more of a handling shock, ie Koni, or drag race shock, ie Viking. There seems to be some differing in opinion around the internet on how much of a "handling" shock the Viking is. Seems to me that the Koni is a better street shock.

Has anybody actually used either of these? on anything?