7 second lambo

wagner

Crazy it took them 4+ years to beat Jamie's old jalopy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp4F8qLHj2M

I guess the big news is the upgraded (stock vs stock) trans in the hurricans?

I thought that was Ray's car before he passed?

But yeah, the DCT is the game changer. They already knew how to make 2000hp out of the motors.

What I find incredible is the first time I ever went to a drag strip I saw a car that ran in the high 7's. It sounded like a top fuel car, looked like a pro mod and only made one clean run the whole night. The fact that that car did what it did so effortlessly impresses the hell out of me.

I thought that was Ray's car before he passed?

But yeah, the DCT is the game changer. They already knew how to make 2000hp out of the motors.

Right but do they know how to keep them together for very long...Thats more interesting imo, kinda like the Switzer model of how he builds cars that seem to hold up and push boundaries.

Their 2r, and X cars are pretty freaking cool, however I have yet to hear many "good" stories about durability...More stories about lot-o-issues; Which I would argue is par for that level, however its pitched differently IMO from the UGR camp.

Fast none the less.

No one in any "street car" is making 2000hp reliably. I don't care what they say. Underground Racing does a great job at keeping failures hush hush. The running joke when someone's UGR car is back at the shop for repairs is that they sent it for an "oil change" :lol:

The Huracan also benefits greatly by the past 8 years development that Dodson has put into the GTRs GR6 transmission. Even though it's a different trans, Dodson now knows what kind of failures to expect at xxxx torque.

I would argue that the good thing about the guys pushing these cars to 2000hp is that it helps make the "smaller" builds more reliable. It seems like nowadays you can make 1000-1200hp pretty damn reliable if you do it right.

What I find incredible is the first time I ever went to a drag strip I saw a car that ran in the high 7's. It sounded like a top fuel car, looked like a pro mod and only made one clean run the whole night. The fact that that car did what it did so effortlessly impresses the hell out of me.

That pro mod will make hundreds of passes like that. Not sure the lambo will do the same. You are comparing waffles and cocaine. None the less that is an effortless looking pass.

Crazy it took them 4+ years to beat Jamie's old jalopy

According to a few threads Kevin has posted in, they don't have any customers wanting to go fast in the 1/4 mile. Kevin said he would guarantee a x second car if someone wants one but all his customers do the roll events and 1/2 mile events..